Author Topic: Car tax  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Maria Jones

Car tax
« on: September 05, 2020, 21:27. »
We are  new to the forum,We have had our house for 14 years.We haven't been out since the beginning of March and our car tax is due but our neighbour said our reminder hasn't come through.I was wondering if anyone had any advice on renewing it.My husband is disabled and any advice will be greatfull.We bought the car off Frank FWR . But I have tried the number he gave me but the person said I had to go to Santa Pola town hall,at the moment the Welsh government are against.travelling please can someone help.

Offline TRIDENT

Car tax
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 21:49. »
https://www.facebook.com/AyuntamientoSantaPola
This is the facebook page for the town hall on the left of the page you can send a message and ask if there is anything in place to pay online as the uk gov recommends against travel. They did extend the deadline but i cant remember how long.

Offline Maria Jones

Car tax
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 21:55. »
Thankyou,I have been panicking a bit.

Offline TRIDENT

Car tax
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 21:58. »
✅ Reminder:
Next September 1th ends the voluntary period of payment of the Mechanical Tensile Vehicle Tax 🚗
i ️ https://www.santapola.es/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/08/EDICTO_COBRANZA_IVTM_2020.pdf
__
✅ Reminder:
Next 1th of September ends the period of the voluntary period for the payment of the Mechanical Traction Vehicle Tax 🚗
i ️ https://www.santapola.es/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/08/edicto_cobranza_ivtm_2020.pdf
It would appear that the cut off date was extended to 1stSept. I think they add a few euros to the bill as a fine for late payment.

Offline Maria Jones

Car tax
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 22:06. »
Thankyou I have been panicking as my husband is disabled and we have only our neighbour to relay on.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Car tax
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 20:58. »
I was late paying once and it was an extra 8 Euros or six months jail. I paid up!!!

Derek

Offline margate john

Car tax
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 18:34. »
If it helps (!) I'm in a similar boat with car tax - haven't been out since March and don't know when we're next likely to be there.  Anyway, I was redirected by the Santa Pola town hall "rentas" department to SUMA, who they hand things over to when the tax becomes overdue - had an exchange with them, having given them details of car registration/NIE.   The fine for late payment was just over 3 Euros, and paying the whole thing on line was easy.   Next problem when we eventually get there will be the out of date ITV........!!

Offline Maria Jones

Car tax
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 10:24. »
I messaged Santa Pola town hall and they gave me an email address for the suma.I explained my situation and they have sent me the reminder via email this morning,so hopefully I'll get it sorted today. I am lucky my neighbour took the car to get the itv.Thankyou for your replies.

Offline Alan

Car tax
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 15:29. »
I'm in the same situation with regards to not having been able to pay the car tax and it would be much appreciated if you could let me have the email address you used to contact SUMA. Did they also give you details to enable online payment?

Offline Maria Jones

Car tax
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 15:54. »
The email address I used was oficina.santapola@suma.es.All legal now what a relief.

Offline Alan

Car tax
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 16:36. »
Thank you very much Maria for your prompt response. Thank you also Margate John for setting out the way ahead.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Car tax
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 19:21. »
Hi does anyone know what would the price be for road tax and insurance for a Ford Focus estate for a year ?.
Thanks in advance

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Car tax
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 20:55. »
Presumably there is nothing like SORN in Spain.

Offline Ron l

Car tax
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 13:22. »
Hi I’m having the same problems with car tax, I used the email address given By Maria, on Friday I sent it in At 9am it’s now Tuesday 12-20 but have had no reply yet, how long was it when you got a reply
Thanks Ron