Author Topic: Community fees  (Read 1147 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Community fees
« on: March 24, 2020, 14:29. »
This post maybe only relevant to Puerto Marino owners and other owners who pay community fees through Aresi who took over from GA administration previously.
Last week I received an email from Aresi stating I owed €104 for unpaid fees and that I should pay immediately via the the attached bank account. I thought how odd as I’ve paid via direct debit for years from the same bank account. Now I admit I don’t pay lots of attention to my Spanish bills, I top up my account monthly and leave a good balance. I checked my account and saw the debit as active and my last quarterly payment taken in Jan 20 for a different amount to the amount owing. On bank receipt I noticed that the receiving account number was different from the one on the email. The phone number was the correct office number so I duly rung up to get clarity.
Initially the lady couldn’t understand the debt, then stated it was an unpaid bill from Oct 19 due to insufficient funds, I checked account at same time and lots of funds and normal payment made. The conversation went back and forth with lady being unable to exactly state why there was a debt. Whilst it might be easier to just pay it as she suggested, but as I’ve not missed a payment in 18 years I’m loath to pay without some explanation. My question is has anyone else encountered similar issues.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Community fees
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 15:24. »
No I cant say that has ever happened to us - As you have proof of payment in October just do a screen grab of your statment and mail it back to them
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Community fees
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 16:17. »
I download my monthly statement and all the relevant transaction slips every month from the BBVA.

Offline bramleylad

Community fees
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 19:31. »
I would hope that during this crisis the community fees will be reduced as many people are not working and most of the services we pay for are not getting done ,what's others thoughts on this ?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Community fees
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 19:57. »
The work on our community is still being done - gardens etc - Think they want to continue getting paid

Also the street lights and bin emptying is part of our fees as we are not "adopted" by the council
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Community fees
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 20:20. »
I can only speak for our old community and how it coped in 2008.

The community itself had to keep running for the benefit of all so the bills kept on going into the administrator, we hadn't in built up much of a reserve fund in those days, but luckily at that time we didn't have to spend.money on improvement or repairs as everything was still under guarantee.

What we did was to give folk who couldn't afford  their community fees a payment holiday......what was interesting was that the only ones who took advantage of this were the folk who bought their  property as an investment rental machine and rarely visited themselves.

Some of our Spanish neighbours were in dire straights but for the good if the community and their personal pride they never missed a payment.

Stay safe

John
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 20:23. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."