Author Topic: Keyholding  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Kjconline

Keyholding
« on: September 19, 2019, 19:49. »
I have recently purchased a property in GA for holidays and am looking for a reliable keyholder to keep an eye on the place when I am not there. Can anyone recommend a reliable company? I was thinking of using Alacant Key. Does anyone have any experience of them? Thanks

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Keyholding
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 13:55. »
Quite a few years ago we used Novadesta, a local company based in GA for about 20 years, to do this for us.
I seem to remember we had a monthly visit, they checked the house over, turned the water on and flushed the toilets, important in the Summer as the water in the pan evaporates, and emailed us with a copy of the checklist.
We did this for around two years before realising we were wasting our money!!
No one had a key, when we left the place we turned the electric off, isolated the water supply other than to the automatic watering system in the garden and put cling film over the toilet pans, had a good spray round with one of the insect/roach killers before we left and never had a problem.
Most of our close friends did exactly the same.
http://www.novadesta.com/

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Keyholding
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 16:00. »
In my opinion key holding falls into the same category as boiler servicing and air con annual checks all dreamt up by expats trying to make an easy buck out of naive and gullible non spanish property owners, i like many others listened to the scare tactics and paid up for peace of mind.bit like buying a 3 year warranty on a 12 quid argos toaster. That said if you want the comfort of a monthly visit to check the place over then all good, obviously any issues that arise will occur on the 29 days after the visit. Top tip to never say when your visiting or just make it up with additional visits, thereby avoiding the day before check 4 months late.

Offline Lolabunny

Keyholding
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 20:02. »

OMG what untrusting people there are around. I know these are your opinions...but please do not tar everyone with the same brush. Although mostly now retired, we have over the years managed holiday houses for clients. I absolutely, hand in heart, can say that we have never missed a security visit unless we were on holiday, when the cost for that visit was reduced from the clients account.  Things do go wrong with properties from time to time and I have always been told by my clients that it is a comfort to know there is someone here who cares......care being the operative word!!!! and pride in your work. So, please think again before you cast a cloud over genuine workers. X

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Keyholding
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 21:01. »
I didn’t mention trust!!

I just said that after a couple of years before i realised it was a waste of money.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Keyholding
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 15:33. »
Didnt mention trust either, i just cant see the point of a monthly "security " check to give peace of mind.Total waste of money in my opinion thats what i have decent neighbours and insurance for.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 15:34. by wilson »

Offline SueB

Keyholding
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 22:43. »
Our building/contents insurance states that the property must be checked at least once every 30 days.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Keyholding
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 00:17. »
Your insurer will quote you for whatever period you require. We used Liberty Seguras and stipulated 90 days.

Regards all

John