Author Topic: Ryanair priority booking  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Capester73

Ryanair priority booking
« on: August 06, 2019, 20:46. »
My wife is travelling to GA a will after me,  so I'm taking the big bag with her clothes.  I've booked her priority boarding on Ryanair which includes the 10kg case,  however she's reminded me that she'll be bringing liquids. The policy isn't clear - will she be able to check this in,  rather than take on board without any cost? I'd assume this is a no brainer,  but you never can tell with Ryanair! TIA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 22:00. »
If the case travels with your wife as hand luggage in the plane (as opposed to in the hold) it will be checked by  airport security and be subject to the usual hand luggage rules - ie. no liquids over 100ml, no pastes, put in a see-through bag etc.
https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Offline Capester73

Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 22:38. »
Understood,  I'm just wondering if she'll be ok to check it in at the departures desk, rather than take it on board,  without pang extra (already paid for the bag - Judy want it checking in target than taking it into the cabin.  Cheers

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 23:37. »
I think your asking about 2 separate issues, the taking of liquids onto the aircraft is part of international aviation security measures as detailed in blue and whites link, the case issue is specific to the airline and unless you've paid for that specific bag to go in the hold then its a cabin bag.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 09:55. »
I think if you have paid for a suitcase you can also put your hand luggage in the hold for free.   I was definitely allowed to do this a couple of years ago but as we all know Ryanair change the rules whenever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Capester73

Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:01. »
Indeed.  Might just buy an extra bag to be sure!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 10:34. »
That's what they want you to do, £50 more for Ryanair - kerching.
You can buy a lot of liquids for £50 at Boots airside or in Gran Alacant

Offline Capester73

Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 12:07. »
Indeed,  I'm wise to their ploys! It's my fault,  the wife is flying independently and I thought I was doing her a favour for speed. Didn't consider the fact that she'll be bringing shed loads of toiletries that cost a fortune

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 20:21. »
You can pay to have a case (cabin size) to go in the hold and have the liquids over the 100ml. Use to be £10 but got a feeling it’s now £12. Bag just gets dropped off at bag drop at the airport, it still must be under the 10kilo cabin bag weight policy and sizing.  May be worth doing on the online chat and see if you can get it changed for free. Contrary to what some people say they can be helpful.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair priority booking
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 22:42. »
Its a very "flexible" policy - you are right some flights are £10 but it can vary between £10 and £25 depending on route and time of year

You can pay to have a case (cabin size) to go in the hold and have the liquids over the 100ml. Use to be £10 but got a feeling it’s now £12. Bag just gets dropped off at bag drop at the airport, it still must be under the 10kilo cabin bag weight policy and sizing.  May be worth doing on the online chat and see if you can get it changed for free. Contrary to what some people say they can be helpful.
BeachLife