Author Topic: Ladders  (Read 1246 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ladders
« on: July 23, 2019, 12:06. »
Im looking to paint exterior of our house in GA,we've had a couple of quotes which are in my opinion silly money prices but sadly typical of local trades. Can anyone suggest where i can buy/rent/borrow not steal a ladder to access the higher areas. Also any recent recommendations on white exterior paint for the ballustrading over the years tried several types some have been excellent finish others pretty poor. I know i could ask brico or paint man in SP but personal reviews of product always seems better.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ladders
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:52. »
Hi,
Why not buy a set of ladders and then sell them after? It's what I've done in the past. Still worked out cheaper than paying someone else to do the work.
External paint I use Pyro Fachadas Especial Obra from Servicolor. Expensive but very good.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Ladders
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 23:32. »
Hi Wilson
With regards to your post,we've had a couple of quotes which are in my opinion silly money  but sadly typical of local traders
We have owned an apartment for 17 years and have had various jobs, large and small, done by different nationalities and never
 once felt we have been ripped off
So have you never used local traders before
Mushte 

Offline lesandtony

Ladders
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 10:40. »
Buy a set of Telescopic ladders ----  escalera telescópica   about 100 euros . Place in Alicante sells them  .  Great investment and pack up to next to nothing.  You can then rent them to your friends and soon recoup the cash.

Offline David and Linda

Ladders
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 11:41. »
I have a detached house in Calle Hollande, I managed the low bits by steps and got Alex (he used to work for Murph, Sol Builders) to do the high places, very reasonable price. He is Russian and speaks only a little English but his Spanish is good, +34 603158799. Must admit I like the idea of buying and reselling though, or renting out might check that out in future.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ladders
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 17:48. »
My own experience - cost of hiring ladders including delivery and collection, 80 euros, cost of new ladders which I bought from Le Roy Merlin, 135 euros (then). Luckily I've a garage so I've still got them.
http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/75315730/escalera-transformable-3x9-peldanos
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 17:58. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ladders
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 19:50. »
Thanks for the great suggestions, buying a suitable ladder seems the way forward. Ladder cost 130ish,paint 120 based on several neighbours usage recently for similar property, €250 absolute bargain saving a thousand euros or 500 beer tokens on best quote.

Mushte i can only give an opinion on my experiences of nearly 20 years in GA, that many expat trades have a heavy pen when quoting for work, yes ive been stung and bought the t shirt now im wiser and use trades from the surrounding area who  still do an excellent job but dont add a zero and times by 2 when quoting.