Author Topic: Disposal of Television  (Read 1373 times)

Offline SueB

Disposal of Television
« on: June 05, 2019, 20:35. »
We have an old television set, DVD and a video recorder that we need to dispose of so could anyone please advise us where the nearest tip is that accepts electrical items?

Thanks.

Sue

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Disposal of Television
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 21:04. »
If they work (and probably if they don't) the guys that service the bins would be very grateful for them. When I have items like this (albeit your's sounds like a fiar load) I try to keep them in the back of the car. Two or three days of bin runs is normally enough to spot one of their recognisable white vans, and hand over the goods. Personally think these guys do a good job, it keeps them honest (as far as I can tell) and you can't beat it for eco (and socio) -logical recycling.

As for the actual tip - It has always been an absolute mystery to me where it is, and when it's open.

Also - if they work - there's the charity shop in the square of course.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Disposal of Television
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:16. »
SueB If they work either the Easy Care Horse Shop or the new SAT Animal Shop in the Sueno Azul parade would be very happy to receive them!

Offline masmu

Disposal of Television
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 20:52. »
For future reference the tip in Santa Pola is quite easy to find - once you know where it is lol.

Come off N322 at Wok roundabout - turn right at McDonalds and go to the next roundabout.  Turn left onto Av Valencia then at next roundabout turn left onto Av Albacete.

The tip is on the left hand side past the Sports Complex.

The guys there are very helpful.  Just drive in, pull up and they come and unload your rubbish for you.

Can't remember the actual opening hours but they seem to be the normal ie closed 2.00pm till ?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Disposal of Television
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 00:44. »
This may help.

http://www.mygranalacant.com/gran-alacant-amenities/recycling-centres-rubbish-dumps-rubbish-tips-santa-pola/

There are two choices in SP, the one Masmu refers to and another off the Elche road out of SP.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline SueB

Disposal of Television
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 23:15. »
Thank you so much for all your replies, you have certainly given me several options that I can go with now.

Sue

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Disposal of Television
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 21:37. »
One of the widely accepted methods of disposal seems to be dump it in the street, we came out 4th June and never seen the streets so clean, eleven days later I'm seeing rubbish piling up by the bins and today saw a mattress propped up on  a bin.