Author Topic: Tv and internet  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Tv and internet
« on: March 30, 2015, 17:50. »
I am thinking of changing my tv package and getting the Internet as well for my flat what does anyone recommend

I have seen the GATV Internet and TV package which seems to be a 1.1 m dish and wireless internet for a fixed installation cost of about €200 and then €10.71 a month not sure I want this as the last dish I had put up lasted for a year before they moved the satellite

The Grannet package of fibre internet and tv over the Internet is €200 installation and the about €34 a month but I have not spoken to anyone who had the tv over the Internet so I don't know about the quality etc

I currently have GATV microwave service for TV which is fine maybe I should just add the €10.71 GATV internet but then that will be more than the fibre offer from Grannet

Any recommendations ? I am particularly keen to hear about the Grannet TV over internet and does it work all ok?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 17:51. by Spurs »

Offline euroland

Tv and internet
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 18:51. »
We don't have the tv but we have the phone and internet off Grannet, it's very good.
Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Ldenton

Tv and internet
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 19:12. »
We have tv etc from gran net, it's good you also get catchup tv for common channels

GAMagazine

Tv and internet
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 21:20. »
We are with GA tv with a one off tv payment, no monthly fee

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Tv and internet
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 21:58. »
Is that the fibre optic communal tv because they don't have it on our community

Offline GaznPhil

Tv and internet
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 13:56. »
We had a 1.4m dish installed by diginova so if the satellites do move we should be covered and they've moved once already. Our phone and Internet is with Grannet which is 99% reliable and very fast

Offline Stuart159

Tv and internet
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 17:32. »
I've got the 1m dish fitted by GATV for a one of payment 2 years ago. Since then it's had channels, it hasn't had channels, at the moment don't have a clue what is available I've also got unlimited broadband via GATV, an android box that as yet I've never tried in GA (works great in deepest darkest County Durham so I'll try this next month) and also Apple TV. Last time I was over Apple TV sufficed along with FilmOn and Live Media Player, both free apps on an iPad and  watched through the TV.  The whole TV saga, satellites moving here there and everywhere, the repeated reports of BBC and SKY,harping on about copyright has convinced me to forget about getting TV via a dish for the time being. As long as I can struggle to the pub I'll be able to get my fix of sport and possibly have a few beers at the same time.

Offline Joe1965

Tv and internet
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 23:37. »
Exactly the same as Stuart apart from not being in Co. Durham and supporting another footy team lol

GATV has it all for me.

I have the tourist monthly package - switched on and off for any month I'm there.

Works fine and even when it doesn't GATV are out like a shot.

Good quality and about 15mg speed.

Joe

PS Stuart are you doing footy fantasy league again  ?