Author Topic: Flying with your dog  (Read 862 times)

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Flying with your dog
« on: February 20, 2019, 17:43. »
Just wondering if anyone on the forum has flown to Alicante with their dog.If so any info would be greatly appreciated,ie: what’s the procedure when you land, where do you collect your dog from.
Thank you in advance.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Arab

Flying with your dog
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:02. »
I got a quote recently flying from Glasgow of £1350 plus if you check in before 07 00 or on a bank holiday it’s an extra £90 also you have to pay a landing fee in Spain if you fly out of hours between £250-300. If it’s a permanent move, my advice, use pet transport.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Flying with your dog
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 13:30. »
Thank you , I’m still undecided whether to fly or drive.Departing from Ireland so I will have to look into it.It will be only for around 4 weeks he’s had all his injections blood test booked for next week sounds like it could be an expensive trip.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Flying with your dog
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 13:40. »
Although its almost ten years ago we brought our cat back in 2009. It cost almost £500 with Monarch one way so the £1350 doesn't surprise me.  He had to be dropped off at Alicante freight terminal and collected the same way at Manchester. Whilst waiting to depart from Alicante he had to be attended to by a designated carer at extra cost.

The whole experience was too bad to repeat so now we drive over with him. I would do that if it's feasible or as Arab says use a reputable pet transport.

Also I'm sure you're aware but the regulations regarding taking pets abroad from the UK will change after Brexit. Whether it's deal or no deal there will be some amendments that will be worse or much much worse than they are now.

Dave

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Flying with your dog
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 13:49. »
Yes I have been looking into everything,that’s why he is having a blood test as well as all the usual injections.If we do fly with him it will be from Dublin airport with aer lingus .Our other option is to drive to cork & get the ferry .
Thanks for the reply