Author Topic: Internet and telephone  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Lolabunny

Internet and telephone
« on: September 04, 2018, 16:17. »

I have been with Grannet (now flexicable) for many years, and yes we have had a few problems over the years, but they always were resolved. Since Flexicable took over I have had nothing but problems - very low internet speeds, landline not working, no invoices emailed to me. I have read on other posts that the staff in the office are not helpful, but have to say I went in today to complain again!!! and a young lady called Natasha was very helpful and polite.  After saying that, enough is enough and I am going to change my provider. So, is anyone using Telecable who have an office on the block just past Quicksave, and can either recommend them or tell me to run a mile.....any reviews would be helpful.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Internet and telephone
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 17:31. »
I am also having a nightmare with flexicable.   I have friends staying and they said wifi very intermittent. Some days none at all. This has been ongoing since end of July.   Dont really know what I’m paying for???  I will also be changing service provider when I am over in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 18:24. »
I’ve had GATV for a few years never had an issue

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 21:43. »
We are with Flexicable but have been in the UK since just after they took Grannet over so really hoping they haven't got worse - is that possible. I have just mailed to get them to re-activate my system but wasn't hopeful and now less so.

During a long run of problems with Grannet around November last year we enquired at Telecable and the sales patter was very good and the system speed and price compared very favourably with Grannet; we would have changed but their TV pack has no catch up facility and at that moment Grannet improved tremendously so we stayed with them and morphed into Flexicable.

Let me know how you get on especially re the TV in case they now have a catch up. Failing that I'll go to see them next week.

Dave

Offline SteveL

Internet and telephone
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 17:31. »
I was over in August and tried to get the internet switched back on as I had been away for a while. E mailed in advance but nothing was on when I arrived. It took 6 trips to their office to get an engineer our rather than just promises every time I went. One week of the 2 week holiday wasted!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Internet and telephone
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 19:17. »
I’ve still not had an engineer out-its been 3 weeks!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Kjetil

• Norwegian
Internet and telephone
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 12:39. »
We also had very much trouble with GranNet, but after flexicable we had even more problems. We have never received any information about the company changing name. No email or contact info.

I never get any answer when sending emails to open and close the connection (I always write Please confirm). And now they have charged me for the time I told them to close the connection. I Sent an email about this to 3 different email adresses many days ago and i have not received any answer  >:( .

And I dont get the innvoice on email anymore.

Did anyone get any info on email or regular mail about the change of name/company with contact information for opening and closing internet etc etc....?

Maybe it is time to change internet supplier....

Have a super day.
Norwegian

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 13:34. »
Agreed.  Recently had appalling service:

Didn´t turn up for appointed visit,

No apology, no explanation,

Despite numerous emails, no progress,

Still no reply to "chasing" email sent yesterday.

So much for Customer Service.

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 14:06. »
I ditched them years ago when they were still Grannet for appalling service.
When I went into the office to cancel they tried to entice me to stay with cut price offers....it wasn’t about the price I was paying, it was about a very poor service and response to issues.
I can’t believe that anyone is still with them.
I switched to GATV, what a breath of fresh air, efficient, polite and a great product

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 14:51. »
Do GATV do cable?

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 15:29. »
Hi Bert, I think it’s  either Freesat by mini dish or a TV service delivered by the internet, we only subscribed to their telephone and internet services. The internet was in the order of 30Mbs so we had no problem in streaming films and box sets in HD from the internet using a Firestick and the various apps available at no cost.
The only live TV I watched was the news, again lots of ways to do this via the Firestick

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 15:32. »
Thanks, John.

Bert

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Internet and telephone
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 15:48. »
Well the engineer finally came out for me. It took over a month, a visit from a friend and several emails and phone calls by myself. They changed mine to fibre optic and gave me a new router.  Ive emailed again now to see if I can carry my August and September payments over to cover October and November as I had no service and have been told my request will be sent to the claims department!!!  Im guessing I will be cut off again in October.   Very difficult to deal with when you are not actually there

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Internet and telephone
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 16:54. »
Trust me, it makes no difference. I´m here all the time and still received this disgusting level of non-service.

Bert

Offline Kjetil

• Norwegian
Internet and telephone
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 19:04. »
Just to warn any future customers of flexicable, my discussion with this company of charging me for one month to much is still going on after 2 months. (I have the «holliday» subscription.) They adimited that they did a mistake with charging me for a month that it was not supposed to be open, but they could not give me my money back? Then they told me that they would not charge me for october. I said that was Ok. Since I was going to be there for one week.

That should have been a very easy fix, and I would have been finished with their mistakes.... but for this company it was not. They charged med for october anyway.. :o Then I told them to give me my money back, But that was very difficult. But they could give me the next one (again) without charge. But now I did not trust that they would do that, so I said I want my money back to my account. That was still not possible, but if «this was so important to me» i could go to my bank and cancell the charge. And so I did... and now the next problem starts.

They keep sending me the bill again and telling me to pay it again?? I told them (again) about why I canceled the charging, and that they told me to do that. But they still keep trying to get me to pay the bill? What a f**** stupid company this is!! Today they sent me a textmessage that I should call them about the pending recipts (from Norway), I told them that if they want to talk to me about their mistakes that they should call me, and that they should read all my (and their) emails.  I think i sent them about 10-15 (long) emails about this, but they obviously only read the first line in emails, and ignorere the rest... I am so tired of this company! I am usually not a person that get very mad and write super angry emails, but this company makes me go crazy!! So my advice is stay away from flexicable if you want to relax and keep calm... ;)

Have a good weekend.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 20:43. by Kjetil »
Norwegian