Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 705 times)

Offline SueB

Insurance
« on: September 30, 2018, 17:33. »
We use an English company, through a broker, for our Buildings and Contents insurance and which is up for renewal very soon.  The quote we have been given has risen considerably from last year so we thought we may shop around.  I just wondered if anyone can recommend a company.  I must admit I have a tendency to prefer a company established in England mainly because of any language difficulties, ease of payment and I have read that many foreign countries do not have an insurance ombudsman or suchlike in place for disputes.  I think we probably over insure our property, which is in Altomar2, because I know our community insurance covers some parts of the property.  Some years ago I asked our then administrators the question and they did send us a copy of an out of date community insurance cover summary but I did not fully understand it.  They did tell me to contact them should any problem arise and they would tell us whether it was covered in the community insurance or not.  We do not let the property out, it is only used only by friends and family.

Thanks.

Sue

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 18:36. »
Linda Rowlands in Santa Pola.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Insurance
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 18:50. »
As above, recommend wholeheartedly.
I wrote our car off a few years in an accident with a bus, the amount of correspondence we received from the Spanish legal system was unbelievable.
I was a regular visitor for a month or two to Linda’s office in Santa Pola, it was brilliant being able to nip in and have Linda translate the documents I received and guiding me on the action I needed to take or the action she would be taking.
For the first time in my life I learned the value of an insurance broker, without Linda and Lorri’s support it would have been a very stressful situation.
I’ve witnessed in the office the support she has given to people who have been the victims of burglary, I’m sure they left the office feeling as reassured as I did knowing that there was someone there to help them

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Insurance
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 19:28. »
Would absolutely agree - Linda and Lorri are fantastic at what they do!

Offline SueB

Insurance
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 22:21. »
Thank you for your recommendations.  I have now been in touch with Linda and she is going to provide us with a quote.

Thank you once again.

Sue

Offline Davison

Insurance
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 12:01. »
I wasn't happy with Liberty ins, I had to take them to Court over a claim was found in my favour that they didn't actually know their own policy clauses.  I now have Mapfre on a recent claim for a ripped blind through weather however it was found to be the wrong sort of wind win some lose some !