Author Topic: internet with what was Grannet  (Read 1301 times)

Offline oliversl

internet with what was Grannet
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:19. »
we usually leave our internet switched on even when not there - does anyone have any experience with switching on and off as required by what was Grannet - does it work ok or is it a hassle? thanks

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:37. »
If you mean “the holiday package” where you only pay for when you are there it was pathetic, although I am going back a few years.
Invariably when we arrived it wasn’t turned and invariably the plonkers in the office said an engineer had to call, I learnt that a call to Mark or Sydney resolved the problem in minutes as they seemed to be the only people who knew how to correctly turn it on.
The billing was also a fiasco as they never turned it off on the agreed date and continued to bill you, then they had the excuse that they couldn’t refund you the overcharge!!
I switched to GATV, in a word brilliant. Always on as promised when we arrived and great service from the family at a very reasonable price.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline oliversl

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40. »
thanks for that - thinking we will change

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 21:49. »
We tried it once with Grannet in 2016, it was turned off OK but we had similar problems that John describes when requesting the turn on. It wasn't on when we got back but it was resolved fairly quickly and remotely with no billing problems.

In UK now and had it turned off quickly and easily when we left (and confirmed by Rosa who in my opinion is the best that they have in the office). Will see what happens when we want it back on. Must say I'm not overly hopeful.

Dave

Offline oliversl

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:53. »
thanks for that

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 13:34. »
A bit of an update to my earlier post; I have just found out that when you suspend the internet package if you also have the TV then you still have to pay for the TV €9.68 / month as it is provided by a third party and still must be paid for - even though you can't watch it because a) you aren't there and b) you have no internet.

Also the general contact email has changed to info@flexicable.es. Emails to info@grannet.es go unanswered

Dave