Author Topic: plumber  (Read 1036 times)

Offline jondowool

plumber
« on: July 12, 2018, 18:42. »
During our visit to Gran Alacant in June we developed a leak in our bathroom, (my husband being disabled)  I panicked as I had no idea what to do. Out came my latest GA Advertiser (2016) and I found Gary the electrician's number(what I hear you say electrician!!)  Yes he was great he gave me the phone number of Tony at Newlife who promised to come round at 3pm and he was there at exactly that time. Job done, panick over. Just thought I would let you all know when you have an emergency there is always help at hand from the good people of GA.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35. »
Not knocking the service by Gary and Tony because they know what theyre doing, but let me guess €50 euros,  time spent on leak errr 12 minutes. Yes i know callout fees blah blah. Every expat trades person charges €50 euros, its a standing joke in the Spanish community. Nice work if you can get it.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25. »
Years ago I wanted a building job doing and phoned my old mate Murphy, Sol Builders, regarding the job, Murphy couldn’t schedule me in for a year, so I asked him if he could recommend someone else.

He recommended Tony at Newlife, he said he had seen the preparation work that Tony did for his jobs and he knew that he did the jobs correctly and didn’t cut corners.

I contacted Tony, he did a great job, he didn’t mess me about and him and his then labourer Paul Parton did a superb job.

Wholeheartedly recommend

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:30. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline denandrose

plumber
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:11. »
Sorry Corporal Jones, must step in to defend Gary, we have used him once for electric work, he came when he said, completed the job and did not charge €50, no where near, or a call out fee, we would definitely use him again.

Offline jondowool

plumber
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:33. »
There was no call out fee and I was not charged 50e by Tony. When you have an emergency as I did it is good to know there is someone there to help as Gary did by that phone call and Tony for his promptness. Thank you both.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 13:55. »
How very strange, my opening line was "im not knocking the service given by Gary or Tony ". The point i was raising was to highlight that there are numerous other trades people hmmmm like the Spanish people who given the chance could do an equally fine job. The expat community always seems to rely on the safety net of other expats to do the work irrespective of the costs.
And whilst it might not have been €50 it was almost certainly not far away, next ill read it wasnt paid in cash and an invoice was given, methinks not.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 14:59. »
During our visit to Gran Alacant in June we developed a leak in our bathroom, (my husband being disabled)  I panicked as I had no idea what to do. Out came my latest GA Advertiser (2016) and I found Gary the electrician's number(what I hear you say electrician!!)  Yes he was great he gave me the phone number of Tony at Newlife who promised to come round at 3pm and he was there at exactly that time. Job done, panick over. Just thought I would let you all know when you have an emergency there is always help at hand from the good people of GA.

Well said, I know them both and have used both of them in an emergency, and it was money well spent.
I had a neighbour who wanted a new bathroom and she got a Spanish company to do it, what a nightmare! Turning up late, doing home early, not turning up at all, and the work was not of a good standard.
She got some Russians to do some major work recently, and they did a marvellous job all round.
Let's hope some on here don't have an emergency plumbing or electrics problem that needs to be fixed quickly by a Spanish contractor on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 16:36. »
Your not allowed emergency call outs during siesta or on sundays silly.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
plumber
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 19:22. »
And I'm not knocking Spanish workers either, silly.