Author Topic: Grannet wifi services  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Flossie25

Grannet wifi services
« on: June 30, 2018, 11:27. »

Getting very frustrated with the service provider grannet can anyone recommend another provider for wifi I only have wifi with them but that is never working someone said Telecable is on GA is that correct and can you tell me what their service is like thanks very much
Flossie

Offline Paul Steggles

Grannet wifi services
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 11:54. »
I have been with Telecable since March. Excellent service never drops out and very easy to deal with. I totally recommend.

Offline Flossie25

Grannet wifi services
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 23:42. »
Thanks very much for the info do they have an office in GA if so where is it located please thanks
Flossie

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 14:00. »
Telecable are on Avenida Escandanavia, past Quicksave supermarket.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 16:34. »
Whilst im no longer a grannet customer,they do seem a constant source of dissapointment within ga.In the UK once your connected it just seems to work no drama no fuss, utilities in spain just cant seem to get there act together.
They dont like it up em !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 20:30. »
I to have had my ups and downs with Grannet especially the WiFi; the TV and phone are usually OK. I did consider changing to Telecable and their packages were comparable but they had no catch up service for the TV which ruled them out and suddenly Grannet flicked a switch somewhere and the WiFi miraculously came back to the performance you would expect. I think the only way to deal with them is to be a thorn in the side.

Interestingly on page 14 of the current GA News Grannet have an announcement that they have merged with a similar company and they are now called Flexicable. May be a sign of some improvements - or maybe not.

https://issuu.com/davebull/docs/gran_alacant_news_014_-_29th_july_2

Dave

Offline Michael

Grannet wifi services
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 12:15. »
We've been with Grannet for sometime (both TV and internet).  TV has been great, but wifi is variable.  Back in May we complained about the speed (results varied between 2 and 30mbps) and they said the system needed upgrading.  Around came two guys who spent time on the wiring and then installed a new router.  There was no improvement.  Last week we visited their office and they said the system needed an adjustment and they'd send an engineer out.  We're now back in the UK and so his visit will have to wait for our next trip in August!!!

Offline Spartacus

Grannet wifi services
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 17:19. »
Decided to have internet fitted in our holiday home so checked out the local suppliers first to Grannet walked into their office and up to the receptionist ( sorry sales prevention dept)the young lady was on the phone so I waited and waited when she finished she started typing on her pc never acknowledged me,looked at me,or said "I will attend to you shortly" nothing,!! obviously trained at the Basil Fawlty school of customer service  in the end I asked if she could help after explaining what I wanted she just offered me a leaflet and I left.
Next to Telecable couldn't be more helpful a pleasure to deal with everthing I wanted and it was cheaper they installed it in two days and we are very pleased with it.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 14:23. »
Decided to have internet fitted in our holiday home so checked out the local suppliers first to Grannet walked into their office and up to the receptionist ( sorry sales prevention dept)the young lady was on the phone so I waited and waited when she finished she started typing on her pc never acknowledged me,looked at me,or said "I will attend to you shortly" nothing,!! obviously trained at the Basil Fawlty school of customer service  in the end I asked if she could help after explaining what I wanted she just offered me a leaflet and I left.
Next to Telecable couldn't be more helpful a pleasure to deal with everthing I wanted and it was cheaper they installed it in two days and we are very pleased with it.

Ah yes, I've spoken to her on the phone many times, she is even more abrupt when there is no eye contact. To be fair Grannet wifi has been very good for the past few months although I did have a problem with the TV!, when I phoned to say it wasn't working they said the TV was no longer their problem, I said well you are still taking the money so sort it out or I leave. They came round with a new box fairly rapido.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 14:37. »
Do telecable have a pay as you go type service.
They dont like it up em !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 17:36. »

Do telecable have a pay as you go type service.

Yes Victor they do - or they did earlier in the year when I asked - their packages were almost like for like with Grannet but the TV channels were not as comprehensive and there wasn't a catch up facility; but for that I think we would have changed.

On the other hand if we had changed we wouldn't have the pleasure of Morticia on the Grannet Un-Help desk. She must be a relative of the owner.

If you phone up and get the option, ask for Rosa Fernandez Molina - she speaks excellent English and is the exact opposite of her counterpart. So helpful and amenable - she was even handling my emails when she was on holiday just to keep the complaint moving. I couldn't praise her enough.

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Grannet wifi services
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 18:27. »
I use GATV never had an issue with the broadband and it’s cheap I pay yearly