Author Topic: Suma - car tax  (Read 1546 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Suma - car tax
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:53. »
Hi All - I was expecting to pick up a letter from SUMA in my post box last week when I was over to go pay my car tax. Any other car owners had their letters yet ? - the reason I ask is that the window for payment without incurring a (small) fine is quite small.
BeachLife

Offline Alan

Suma - car tax
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:14. »
I have had mine and although I can't remember the exact cutoff date for payment I'm fairly sure it was between 10 and 14 June.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Suma - car tax
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:24. »
Had this - but wasnt sure if this was Basura or the car - normally it would have the reg on it ?
BeachLife

Offline masmu

Suma - car tax
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 17:52. »
Our car tax just gets paid by direct debit every year around 1st June.  Never get a bill -just a printable receipt on our bank statement. 

So maybe if you paid last time by direct debit it has already come out of your account?

Cheers

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Suma - car tax
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 17:54. »
Thats what I was thinking Masmu - last year I paid at the bar code reader at the bank and it prompted the "pay by direct debit" question which I said yes to.

Just wanted to be sure as there was no ref to the car on it. Trip to the SUMA office by the castle next week I think.
BeachLife

Offline masmu

Suma - car tax
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 21:55. »
I know you used to be able to sort it out in the office inside the medical centre in GA - might be worth calling in to see if they can help if you want to try and save a trip into SP

Good Luck

Offline Alan

Suma - car tax
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:45. »
I don't know how the amount to be paid is worked out but yours, if it is car tax, seems very high in comparison to the 65.10 euros that I paid. I once forgot to pay and the fine for being about two weeks late was in the the region of 3 euros.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Suma - car tax
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 11:11. »
Its the car I have now sold which was a 2005 Nissan dCi 2000cc - probably didn't have a good Co2 rating - could be why the car is more expensive tax wise. I am still going to check in the SUMA office. As the only two SUMA bills I get are for the car and for the Basura (which is about €80), I am convinced it is the car tax
BeachLife