Author Topic: Awning  (Read 1381 times)

Offline petercs

Awning
« on: May 03, 2018, 13:07. »
I am after a 2.2 m wide awning that pulls out to about 2m. Just a simple wall mounted type.

I visited Toledo’s Costa Blanca on Avda Escandinavia today but the lady in there would not give any rough prices without an appointment, where she said a price could be given within 20 minutes

Has anybody used this company and if so are they reliable

Any idea as to a possible price range would be welcome as the bottom line is that a large umbrella may prove more cost effective in the long run

Peter

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Awning
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 13:27. »
Get the awning, we had one fitted on the front of our house some 12 years ago and it still does the job perfectly, if I was being picky I’d replace the “valance” along the front as that has faded.
In the same space of time we must have bought three or four large umbrellas for use on the solarium, the quality of them isn’t a patch on the toldos style of blind.
We used Toldos La Marina, they did a good job that’s definitely stood the test of time

Regards all

John

PS if you get a toldos there may well be community rules as to what colour/pattern you have to use
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Occasional tourist

Awning
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 14:26. »
Think Leroy Merlin sell 'off the shelf' models, maybe the cheapest option of you are happy to fit yourself? Or get a handy local to fit?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Awning
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 17:51. »
As it happens, just talking about getting a toldo ourselves today and proposing to call in with Toldos Costa Blanca for a chat and then probably get a quote from them.

Website https://www.toldoscostablanca.com/en/

Have a look at the FAQ's page, quite informative (but not as to prices!)

It appears that this company manufacture to order as opposed to reselling others products, which has to be a plus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 17:55. by Aficionado »
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Awning
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 18:10. »
As it happens, just talking about getting a toldo ourselves today and proposing to call in with Toldos Costa Blanca for a chat and then probably get a quote from them.

Website https://www.toldoscostablanca.com/en/

Have a look at the FAQ's page, quite informative (but not as to prices!)

It appears that this company manufacture to order as opposed to reselling others products, which has to be a plus.
Weve been using this firm for many years and have to say in my opinion they're very good, whilst they make to order this takes a matter of hours. They're located on the industrial estate on the santa pola to elche rd in an industrial unit,the old guy who owns it will pop round and do the measurinv and give the price, he will bring samples of fabric or match neighbours awnings. These are top quality items not the tat you get from leroy,aki or brico and best of all not that pricey, the other big players and ive visited most think of a number,then double it and add a zero but if the expat community keep paying top dollar who can blame them. Id pop round to the factory unit and see them in action no frills just affordable quality.
They dont like it up em !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Awning
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 18:33. »
I'm with the corporal.

After a couple of quotes last year we went with Toldos Costa Blanca.

The old guy mentioned by Victor came round late on Tuesday 29th August and as his was the last, best and most professional quote we accepted whilst he was here. The following day at 1430 two guys came and fitted the frames on the terrace and roof terrace. On Friday the 1st September by 1015 the awnings were fitted to the frames.

There was no deposit requested and we went up to the office on Avda Scandanavia to pay once the job was complete. We are very satisfied.

I don't know if this level of service is representative but on our experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Dave

Offline Lynda2910

Awning
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 16:13. »
We ordered a new electric operated awning from Toldos last summer.  Obviously it had not been used for a few months over winter but when we went to use it last month it made a horrible screeching noise and would not open properly. On visiting the shop we were advised that even though we had a 2 year guarantee which was only 9 months into the guarantee we still had to pay 40 euros for a call out charge!

Offline margate john

Awning
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 21:17. »
I'm with the positives!  We recently had our toldo canvas replaced (old one tearing and holes appearing after eleven years of use) by Toldos Costa Blanca.  Friendly, efficient service all round, quote delivered and installation either side of the Easter weekend and reasonably priced. 

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Awning
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 16:45. »
We ordered a new electric operated awning from Toldos last summer.  Obviously it had not been used for a few months over winter but when we went to use it last month it made a horrible screeching noise and would not open properly. On visiting the shop we were advised that even though we had a 2 year guarantee which was only 9 months into the guarantee we still had to pay 40 euros for a call out charge!
Which toldos company as there are lots on the blanca.
They dont like it up em !