Author Topic: Planned Golf Course.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Russell

Planned Golf Course.
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:00. »
Been reading a golf course is planned for Gran Alicant. There's is a plan on Novadesta website but wondered if anyone could advise if this is to go ahead, or something that's been in the pipeline for a couple of years and never got any further with. By the looks of the plan it's to be put in place opposite the GA Centre and next to the broccoli fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:09. »
 If its the same plan as we were shown 14 years ago, when we first bought, then don’t buy your golf clubs just yet

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 10:22. »
There is a big plan, Project Balsares, for a shopping centre, thousands of new houses, a golf course and a hotel...it is being discussed again.
Obviously if commissioned it would bring lots of jobs to the area and create a lot of wealth, imho we are getting closer to it being a reality

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:51. »
More people on our lovely beach

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:02. »
Here you go;

A quick summary of the plan.

1) In the large area that is in front of the gas station that gives access to Gran Alacant three golf courses, two hotels, several shopping centers and several facilities with their corresponding infrastructure are built.

2) In the entire agricultural strip that runs along the Vereda de les Cendres in the direction of the road to Elche the construction of several housing developments, apartments and bungalows, with a total of 4,200 homes.

3) Parallel to the current road between Alicante and Santa Pola, on the interior side, the construction of a new highway, boulevard style, that would link Gran Alacant with Santa Pola by the entrance from Elche.

If you consult the attached map you will see that with this plan the other half of a half moon is completed that would surround the entire northwestern part of Santa Pola, leaving the mountain range inside.

The Balsares Project supposes the practical disappearance of the agricultural land of Santa Pola. Four million mts2. This megaproject entails a great declassification of undeveloped and protected land and is rejected by the environmental groups both for its aggression to the environment and for the massification of the area and its impact on the beaches.

From what Ive read the objections have been overcome

The plan was first devised in 2009, bad timing after 2008 and the crash, however with things on the upturn watch this space..........

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:04. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mikehoward

Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 15:47. »
Don't think it will happen but attached (2 Mb) is the Official Plan from 2011.

Offline Gordon Davies

Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 22:14. »
Is this the same golf course they were going to build when we bought nearly 17 years ago ????

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 22:40. »
The Balsares Project only dates from 2009 Gordon, I think when we bought the estates agents thought mention of a hypothetical golf course and it’s impact on property values would be one of their clinchers to closing the sale!!
The same agents also told us there’d be no building on the GA side of the Arenalas hill....

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 22:43. by John H »

Offline Gordon Davies

Planned Golf Course.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 19:25. »
Yes I was only joking. As you know that was a joke for many years,