Author Topic: The Water in GA don’t taste like what it oughta  (Read 2817 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
The Water in GA don’t taste like what it oughta
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 13:14. »
Hi I’ve been thinking of Having a water filter system installed, does anybody have any photos of what it looks like and what space it takes up, thinking of keeping my normal tap and not having a extra one, also can you buy the replacement filters local and at what cost. Trying to work out if it cheaper .
Please post any info and photos / sizes.

Thanks
Steve

Offline Bunny

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 13:39. »
How I agree, the water is terrible and that was WITH a filter system!  we changed the filter. but the taste is still disgusting.  So, my poor husband has to lug the enormous bottles home in order for us to have a decent cup of tea.  I wonder what the heck has happened?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 14:35. »
I have read that pregnant women should not drink the tap water in the Alicante area as it has chemicals that are considered harmful to the unborn.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 18:14. »
Hi Steve,

See my post on page 1.

I have a three stage reverse osmosis system under the sink; it takes up about 2 foot width by about 9" depth at the back of the under sink cupboard in the corner that you wouldn't use anyway for anything regularly required.

If you do a web search under "reverse osmosis" you will find all the info you need about how they work.

Leroy Merlin do a few variants - see http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/12878754/equipo-de-osmosis-5-etapas-bbagua-eur-50 for an example. On continuous use it's recommended you change the three filters and post filter annually and the membrane every three years. The last cost for me for all the filters was €13.50 and the membrane was €30.15. All from Brico at the GA Centre

I originally had the separate tap but have since replaced that with the combined tap as shown as an additional item on the Leroy Merlin page.

As I posted before there is an initial outlay but after that the running costs are very low; and you never run out or have to carry loads of bottles.

Our water is direct fed and not off a tank so we don't have the issues that others refer to. Personally I wouldn't be without the filter.

Dave

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 21:01. »
I,m with Dave . Had a reverse osmosis system in for 10 years.  No problems at all. Always write the date you fit the replacement filters on them . I change mine every 18 months after checking the quality with a little meter available on Amazon