Author Topic: TV providers  (Read 2532 times)

Offline pauline

TV providers
« on: May 06, 2017, 23:09. »
Hi

I've been trying to contact Gran Alacant tv but without success. Are they still in business? Can anyone recommend a reliable tv provider?

Kindest regards

Pauline

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 09:52. »
Hi Pauline, they are still in business and still providing a great service.
They no longer support the TV system through the small mesh dish, they do TV via the internet with a monthly subscription charge or they will install a dish for you

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline pauline

TV providers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 11:24. »
Thanks John
I'll have to call in when I'm next out as they seem hard to get hold of.
Kindest regards
Pauline

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 00:11. »
You're probably better off with grannet, (pulls pin from grenade and watches the fallout) as they are cheap and reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 10:10. »
Pauline i think as stated by myself and others over many years is to get yourself a satellite dish with an old sky or a freesat box and then enjoy years of free uk tv with no problems and no hassle. The threads over the last 12 years relating to various local companies some now bust who provide a shoddy tv/internet service are endless. Im not sure what the issue is in spain whether its infrastructure or lack of investment but compared to the rest of Europe including my little village in England it seems a poor service on the whole. People rave about a company everyone signs up, then months later people are asking "have you got a signal" and "ive tried calling them but no one answers ".
They dont like it up em !

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 11:05. »
Your spot on Victor. If I had a bigger place on a larger plot I would do the same - just dont fancy sticking a "proper" sized dish on my townhouse solarium taking up valuable space. The trouble is the footprint of the Astra satellite system we use to get Freesat/Sky is so small and the signal pretty weak by the time it hovers over the Alicante region it does need a big dish - specially if you want HD TV in the evenings
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 13:17. »
I would not pay for tv as long as I can get Freesat. The internet is a different proposition and unless you use free wifi at the library or a local bar you will have to pay for it. Although you can of course get tv through the internet as well.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 18:14. »
For me it's always been about dish size not sure what you need for a decent signal now but at one point is was a 1.9 m dish and I don't want that on the front of flat . At present I have been using kodi with good results but I think that's going soon so not sure what options there are now. Any ideas ?

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 18:30. »
We use Grannet and have the Internet and TV  via internet and cost is 25 euros pm in total. The WIfi is the fibre optic one and really quick and the TV package gives you all the free sat ones plus an extensive video library with latest movies on

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 16:31. »
Hi Chris and Jackie the 25 Euro pm that you pay is that including tax etc and is it reliable , I don't have fibre at the moment , still waiting
Steve

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 17:19. »
Hi, just checked and cost with tax is 27.33 pm. It's always been very reliable although you do occasionally get short outages but we do in U.K.! You can get a deal where you can cancel Part of package if not there but we just have on permanently. As mentioned the WiFi is really quick and handles multiple devices, we had 4 0n the go with TV and no issues.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 17:49. »
Thanks for the reply

Offline Keith and Jen

TV providers
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 07:52. »
We rarely watch British TV when in Spain except occasionally if there is a particular program that we wouldn't like to miss (e.g.Sherlock, or PMQs).  We have found Filmon is perfectly adequate for our needs and we watch it on the laptop.

http://www.filmon.com/tv

also try
http://www.freeintertv.com
www.watchallchannels.com

Internet connection is from Grannet.  There is no longer a connect/disconnect charge.

We do watch Spanish TV occasionally using the Urb. feed but as you know, Spanish TV is dire, an exception being 'El Tiempo' which is on about 10pm each evening.  This weather forecast is much better than the BBC's equivalent.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:09. by Keith and Jen »
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13. »
The Kodi box is still working superbly well here in the U.K, although we don't watch terrestrial TV on it.
Watched series 1 to 3 of Line of Duty over the last two weeks, don't know how we missed it when it was aired, absolutely superb edge of the seat viewing. We'll be watching series 4 next week.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
TV providers
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 20:10. »
Yea, I'm in the middle of series 3, and what a superb series it is.
Don't tell me the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk