Author Topic: That was a big piece of steak!!!  (Read 1574 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
That was a big piece of steak!!!
« on: January 27, 2017, 16:23. »
We called into La Lomoteca in Santa Pola today for lunch after a Spanish neighbour recomended it to us.

When we found the place we were a bit apprehensive........it didnt have the kerb appeal that we normaly go for........but hey, whats to loose so in we went.

The two owners greeted us, and what lovely people they were.........they are from Argentina......a give away are the many pictures on the wall of couples dancing The Argentine Tango, our favourite dance!!

After the drinks and a dish of olives were brought we were presented with the menus, not too big and a meat lovers heaven was my initial thought.

We chose to share a plate of grilled vegatables to start with........pity I didnt have it to myself, its the first time Ive ever enjoyed artichokes and courgettes........a veg I normaly hate!!

The bread unusually was accompanied by chimichurri sauce, it made a pleasant change from the usual offer.

We shared a steak and plate of chips for a main course, it was mahoosive, very tender and tasty.........no way I could have eaten it myself........the chips were red hot.

The bill, including a bottle of water and a beer €20

If you like a good steak and dont want to be ripped off its worth a visit, as I said you could not wish to meet two lovlier people than the owners...........their parting words were "our restaurant is your home"

Its on  Calle Antina 26, dead easy to find.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 18:26. »
Hi John
   That certainly was some steak for €20 the whole meal was a snip
    is the menu in English
       Mushte       

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 18:38. »
Hi Mushte, yes it is.
There seemed to be a fair selection of sausage and empanadas for starters along with the normal salads.
Very "homely"

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."