Author Topic: Mains Gas  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« on: November 29, 2016, 16:13. »
Greetings from a warm but wet GA.

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting mains gas to our house.  I know it's been installed down the street. Also any ideas on the cost and monthly standing charges. We have central heating and a gas fire, and would be so much easier.

Sian

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 20:11. »
If you speak to your administrator they will give you the contact number for the agent covering your area.
When I did this they told me that they were coming down our street in April. I'm so glad I didn't have any work done re installing central heating......the gas still isn't down our street

The guy who visited me from the gas company was very helpful and gave me full details of the tariffs.

His quote to supply and instal central heating was also the cheapest of three quotes I got, his name was Raul from gasNatural.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 20:14. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 20:22. »
Many thanks John, will call in and speak to them tomorrow

Sian

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 20:39. »
As John says - you need to know if its installed down your street.

I'll be a bit controversial here - check and watch how they would plan to put it into your house. There has been LOTS of issues with Gas Natural disrupting pavements, digging up roads with poor repair and worst of all for many people, running ugly gas pipes over neighbours property to get to your house.

Check all that out first !
BeachLife

Offline jdr

Mains Gas
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 21:06. »
Hi
We live on the outside or our Urb, front onto/ pool urb, back on main public road, our Urb would not allow gas on site we got no info from admin!
 it was ALL down to those on the outside road, but I must say best thing we have done heating on, water hot, cooker fine, and our friends who are still paying for Iberdrola and carrying bottles of gas but most wish that we could vote that our neighbors would forget the old curses of gas and progress, cost is better than Electric but not a lot
PM me for more info we are so happy with it!!!!!
Jim 

Offline Maricia

Mains Gas
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 21:44. »
As John says - you need to know if its installed down your street.

I'll be a bit controversial here - check and watch how they would plan to put it into your house. There has been LOTS of issues with Gas Natural disrupting pavements, digging up roads with poor repair and worst of all for many people, running ugly gas pipes over neighbours property to get to your house.

Check all that out first !

Also not forgetting the damage done to a neighbouring property on Monte Y Mar  (bursting water pipe) and denying all knowledge!  To be honest, would prefer gas central heating to electric heating but feel that the property would benefit from cavity insulation etc first.

BW

Maricia

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 08:05. »
That would be tricky as, as far as I am aware, none of the properties on GA have that type of construction. Just double thickness honeycomb brick.

Offline Bunny

Mains Gas
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 20:03. »
Hi, We have cavity Insulation here in Gran Alacant.......... Urb. Izarro

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 20:40. »
The masa flats and houses have insulation in the middle  pre formed concrete structures so they are insulated although not to the uk standard

Offline Maricia

Mains Gas
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 22:37. »
We (like many) have a Masa house and when we watched the build of neighbouring properties it appeared to be concrete on concrete frame followed by outer walls and spray concrete or stoned press. I honestly thought that they were not insulatated but stand corrected. Also we hear the neighbours so clear that at times it sounds like they are in our house, therefore, no evidence of insulation.

BW

Maricia

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 23:37. »
In the middle of the concrete panels i a thin layer of insulation it's no where near enough but it is there

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 13:11. »
Whats the thin layer of insulation made from.
They dont like it up em !

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 15:27. »
It looks like extruded foam.

Bert

Offline Maricia

Mains Gas
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 16:51. »
Whats the thin layer of insulation made from.

Freezing inside today, so I think fresh air :)

BW

Maricia

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Mains Gas
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 21:16. »
Yeah it's some sort of polystyrene or extruded foam don't think it's very effective and certainly not like they build in U.K. Now