Author Topic: Saying Hi!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Davey1919

Saying Hi!
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:25. »
Hello everyone.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!.
My name is David and myself and my good lady wife Donna came to visit Gran Alacant in November.
We stayed at a friends long term rental in Novamar II.
We liked it so much that we are now in the process of finalising along term rental of our own in Mediterraneo III .....Gulp.
It is property we will be using 8 to 10 times over the year just to see what if we like the style of living and the area.
We would like to use it more but unfortunately we are still at the age (45) where we both have to work full time.
I understand that we will need to get an NIE number to open a bank account to pay our utilities?
Is that something easy to do our should we go through a third party. I.E Fixer?
If so, who can you recommend?
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before........

Hope to be coming out in January to pick up the keys. Really looking forward to spending time in the area.
Cheers, Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:18. »
Hi Dave, the NIE number will cost you a few Euros, a solicitor accompanied us to get ours, jumped the queue and got it done in a morning, from memory it cost us €150 ish.
Spanish bank accounts don't come free.....for keeping a few Euros in there to cover your direct debits and a card for you to use budget another €125 a year.
Something I've read a few times is that it's now possible to have all your bills paid out of your uk account, any charges would be far lower than the costs I have mentioned.
Might be worth asking a few questions of your bank and emailing the utility companies you will be using.
Enjoy your visits, hope the weather will be kind for you in January, we are also there for the month, pack a few wollies, when the sun goes down you will need them

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Maricia

Saying Hi!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09. »
Hello everyone.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!.
My name is David and myself and my good lady wife Donna came to visit Gran Alacant in November.
We stayed at a friends long term rental in Novamar II.
We liked it so much that we are now in the process of finalising along term rental of our own in Mediterraneo III .....Gulp.
It is property we will be using 8 to 10 times over the year just to see what if we like the style of living and the area.
We would like to use it more but unfortunately we are still at the age (45) where we both have to work full time.
I understand that we will need to get an NIE number to open a bank account to pay our utilities?
Is that something easy to do our should we go through a third party. I.E Fixer?
If so, who can you recommend?
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before........

Hope to be coming out in January to pick up the keys. Really looking forward to spending time in the area.
Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave,

If you search a person named Dleafy (his name is also Dave) as he has asked a number of questions about moving to the area too, he asked about central heating, south facing housing, solicitors etc etc.

BW

Maricia

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Saying Hi!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 14:33. »
Dave welcome to GA a good choice, the good news is that unlike when i first bought in GA at 35 over the last 13 years with the help of billions of eu subsidy Spain has moved out of the dark ages, everything is now so much easier.My only piece of advice will be, get several opinions on everything because many have a vested interest in giving advice, it seems many people in ga have a mate who provides the best service ever.Other than that its brilliant enjoy.
They dont like it up em !

Offline veronica

Saying Hi!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 17:49. »
You can get a nie number from your nearest Spanish embassy in UK Google it cost about £7

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Saying Hi!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 18:21. »
I remember doing this 10 years ago via the Spanish consulate in Belfast, had to go in person with passport id etc, filled in forms, consulate staff rubber stamped and sent forms away to Madrid, think it took around four weeks for the NIE certificates to arrive with us, can't recall cost but it wasn't all that much, maybe £20 for us both?
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Davey1919

Saying Hi!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 18:24. »
Thanks for your replies folks. I'll check out paying bills from over here and do a good search of the forum.👍👍