Author Topic: Cats on a hot tiled roof  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Cats on a hot tiled roof
« on: September 06, 2016, 16:30. »
Hi,

We seem to have a problem with at least one cat adopting our solarium as its personal loo, probably due to our being away for long periods. Our key holder has just checked our place in advance of our arrival out on Sunday and has cleaned loads of cat poo off the roof.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure there must be - what is the answer to it, does anyone know?

We have the water bottles all round the roof but all that seems to achieve is keeping the area closest to the bottle clear - not even sure it works at all.

All ideas welcome (apart from 12 bores and the like),

TIA

Michael.

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline masmu

Cats on a hot tiled roof
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 21:38. »
We had a similar problem with cats on our porch last year.  I sprayed lavender on the tiles and they never came back. 

Another tip (from the internet) is to have a water pistol handy and spray the cats. They don't like that and don't return apparently but no good if you are not there of course.

Good Luck

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Cats on a hot tiled roof
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 23:37. »
Thanks both, Masmu, did you have to respray with lavender to keep it effective? -  wondering how long it might last given that we will have long periods between visits for a few years yet.

I have looked online at the ultrasonic devices available, seems to be mixed reviews on effectiveness, maybe because they all seem to come from China?? - I wonder if any of our local Chinese emporiums stock them. must have a look when we get there.
Mike and Jane Hopper