Author Topic: Under build Monte Mar  (Read 1699 times)

Offline BGat3

Under build Monte Mar
« on: June 17, 2016, 14:43. »
Hello All

We are thinking of having an Underbuild done at our house in GA.  Next Door have done it and we would welcome the extra space as the children are growing up.  We are back out shortly and will be looking for quotes etc. 
Has anyone already done this in the Two Bed houses around 3.2G and if so could you let us have a rough guide of the approx cost and whats involved.

Many thanks.
Sue

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Under build Monte Mar
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25. »
Check you have the space first. I take it you are in a "Alba" model. I have seen some dissapointing conversions in the past - if the drop and foundation was deep enough they would have made it in a "Aurora" ?

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline Billogs

Under build Monte Mar
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 16:47. »
Talk to Murphy at  sol builders. He has done one for our neighbours a while back and knows all the pitfalls. He will tell you if it's not worth while. He advertises in the GA  advertiser.
Gary

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Under build Monte Mar
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 19:09. »
I have an Alba and the depth under the ground floor on mine would be sufficient for a conversion, think it varies depending on the lie of the land.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Under build Monte Mar
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 20:36. »
This also applies to Alberadas. The build before the Alba.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Under build Monte Mar
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 21:32. »
Might sound an odd question but do you actually own the ground underneath your property, only because there was someone on puerto marino who had an underbuild and whilst he was at it he went under 2 of the neighbours. It only came to light when one of the neighbours heard the excavation under there kitchen.
They dont like it up em !