Author Topic: Business Opportunity?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Business Opportunity?
« on: June 01, 2016, 14:54. »
Here's an idea for someone!!
I'll set the scene, the agent pulls up outside an empty property in GA with some prospective purchasers in the car
First impressions are that the garden needs a good tidy up and that the weeds are taking over and a sweep and mop wouldn't go amiss......they might also notice the thick layer of dust on the closed shutters.
When they enter the property it's pretty dark, as a result of the shutters being closed, it also looks pretty small as a result of all the garden furniture being in the lounge area.......there's also a faint musty smell as well due to the property not being "aired" for a week or two......at this point the buyers dream of a bolt hole in the sun suddenly evaporates!!!
I remember the scene clearly from some places we viewed......
How's about you employed "We get it ready Ltd" who arrive at the property an hour before the viewing, throw all the curtains back, open the windows, sweep up and dress the garden furniture all before said agent and prospective purchasers arrive?
They might even throw in a spray of
Fabreze!!
I know that come time to sell that if you want to sell you have to present your property in the best possible light against all the other properties that are on the market.
Option 1 is to live here whilst it's on the market so you know it's looking good, no thanks
Option 2 is to employ "we get it ready to view Ltd"
Option 3 is to price it cheap and cross your fingers whilst waiting & waiting for a sale.

So all you budding entrepreneurs I can guarantee that come sale time Mr & Mrs H will use your services as under option 2......I'd expect a discount

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 14:58. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Business Opportunity?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 16:55. »
Sorry John, they would be running a business, 270 euro per month social

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Business Opportunity?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 16:58. »
Sorry John, they would be running a business, 270 euro per month social
As I said in the posts title "Business Opportunity"!!

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Business Opportunity?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 17:15. »
You would think the estate agent would get round a bit early and open the windows up etc.  Squirt a bit of airfreshner.  Not a full clean obviously but every little helps- and they want the commission!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Business Opportunity?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 21:29. »
Slightly different scenario, but when photographing new properties we do this (less the Febreeze John!)  ::)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Business Opportunity?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 21:37. »
Since buying our first property in ga we have probably viewed another 20 over the years, of these only 2 were lived in one was very well presented by the owner the other was a cat lady with very unusual taste. Of the other 18 each was opened byt the agent on his arrival, rummaging for the right key, trying to open a shutter quickly, not the best way to sell. So some mileage in this idea.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Lolabunny

Business Opportunity?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 18:32. »
The Estates Agents should have this very well taken care of - shouldn't they?? I have just rented a villa on GA for my family that was far from clean and had a 'cloudy' pool with insects floating!!! Fortunately I had the keys a few hours before my family arrived and had to clean the villa, provide cups, pillows and bed covers, etc., etc., etc., and scream down the phone in order to get the pool man out!!!! Very stressful and totally unnecessary if the Agent had been doing his job in inspecting the villa!!!  You live and learn and never ever support the Agent again! And no, he didn't think that I was entitled to a discount,  which was a very poor business decision. I despair at the lack of customer care so often shown when one try's to support local businesses.  :(

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Business Opportunity?
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 19:00. »
How awful Dorene, someone had paid good money to have that property prepared.
Perhaps there is a job opportunity there after all.
Doreen and John.
Should they get a logo designed.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Business Opportunity?
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 19:07. »
I'll write a business plan that will secure a decent loan to get it up and running, I have very reasonable charges, €1250 should cover it

Regards all

John