Author Topic: brexit  (Read 13876 times)

Offline angieanded

brexit
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 13:00. »
Post removed

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 14:23. by John Hannon »

Offline Stuart159

brexit
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 14:12. »
angieanded. Just wow! 👎🏽

Offline Luton town

brexit
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 14:18. »
The  Spanish know there are over a million of us living out here permanently bringing in billions to the economy, so I'm sure there's a 'Sun tax' of some sort on the cards should we vote out.
And that's not anti our 'hosts', just being realistic as they love a tax.
My point and my worry ....thank you for the reply
Luton

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 16:26. »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 16:34. »
Seconded John, our futures are already in place, we have already worked, saved, invested in pensions and are ready to enjoy our retirement, my worries and desires for a future are most of all for my two daughters and five grandsons, all of whom deserve the same sort of opportunities that only a united, integrated europe will give, in my opionion, in all the way to the polls for us both.
Hazel

Offline angieanded

brexit
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 18:41. »
i also see today that due to my post that has now been removed we have no free speach we are not alowed to fly the st georges flag
a lady is told to take down the union jack in england  her own country because it upset the ethnic mynority in her town my point stands
very clear   

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 19:14. »
Freedom of speech is one thing angieanded, posting about the colour of people's skin and how you believe that should limit their choices in life is another.
I recommend you check the forum rules

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 19:16. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 19:47. »
Hmmm very strange thought process, if retiring now you would have been born in the forties or early fifties, i dont recall an integrated europe most of it was in ashes. The opportunities were there for britain saddled with huge war debt and a lost generation to prosper and thats what we did, we rose again. All this was done before the EU.
They dont like it up em !

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 21:20. »
Nothing strange about my thought process. I was born in the late 1950s and have to confess to not being politically aware as a child. My own awareness of world affairs really developed after school in college. I started work in 1976 which i believe is a year after we voted into europe so i base my experiences and opinions upon my own working lifetime, earlier than that i may have to leave to your memory.
As for my pension age, i never said i was reliant on a state pension, i have other pension arrangements too, planned and paid for and due to come to fruition soon.
As far as how britain prospered after the war, we lived in a very different world then, and we live in a much more globalised economy now. I base my opinions, which i have always said are my own, everyone is entitled to theirs,  on the present and not the past.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 07:32. »
I posted yesterday that I was out. Having watched  https://www.brexitthemovie.com/ , I am even more convinced. Before you "Inners" just pass over it, I would urge you to watch it even though it is just over an hour long. The concept of the EEC is brilliant but the monster that the EU has become needs killing off in order that a better implementation may arise from the ashes.

Offline Keith and Jen

brexit
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 07:59. »
In the '70s we voted to stay in a Common Market - no tarrifs, no trade barriers.
We did not vote for a political union or a European superstate and loss of UK sovereignty.
I'm in favour of a common market but not the EU.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 10:30. »
when the referendum was held in 1975 an act of parliament had already given political and lawmaking powers to europe in a move enabling us to join, but the europe then was much smaller i completely agree, and gets ever more complicated with its increasing size.
 I will look at your programme tony, and have another one to catch up on too, i am looking at both sides. I dont agree with everything that happens as part of europe but simply think its our best option.  I think there are changes to be made but would like to have some influence on those changes.
I would like to wish everyone good luck whichever way they vote, its a personal choice for everyone,and, whichever decision is made, i will look forward to moving on with everyone too.
Hazel

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 09:54. »
Anyone see "How to get a council house"on CH4 the other day, a Romanian guy enters the UK with no job or offer, he does various menial jobs and then sends for his wife and three kids, Hounslow council find a four bedroom house for him in Birmingham at a cost to the tax payer of £750 a months plus all the other benefits, five weeks down the line the guy has no job, the housing officer tells us this is a growing problem that is getting worse as there is already a housing shortage, we will never be able to build enough houses so prices and rents will rise, wonderful for our kids, the government had wanted to change the regulations so that no immigrant would be able to claim a penny for four years which would have stopped all this abuse of the system but the EU over ruled, just another example of how the EU is creating problems for us.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 10:13. »
I struggle to watch those programmes. Have recorded the one about the demise of the cockney but not sure I can face it yet.  Makes my blood boil

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 10:31. »
Me to Puddy-Woo, when i worked in Barking Essex eight years ago I made friends with a number of people from Dagenham and Beckton and am still in contact with a few, lot of them very disturbed about their living enviroment, even eight years ago they had a group of immigrants in Dagenham who managed to get housing association houses, they then moved into one house and sublet rooms in the other places, this was within weeks of taking possession of these houses, I know we get the same problems with our own nationals but it only adds to the problems, I also do notice that the people who are in favour of all this so called multiculturism don't tend to live in the areas most affected by it.