Author Topic: brexit  (Read 13869 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 11:56. »
That's the point of a democracy it doesnt matter whether its Boris or Donald they both appeal to millions of ordinary joe public, that's what scares the establishment.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 12:09. »
Democracy or not we can't have coco the clown as prime minister we would be the laughing stock of the world

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 14:22. »
I dont know about Coco the yanks have had the terminator, Rowdy Yates and some guy off spitting image running there country so weve got plenty of catching up to do.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 15:15. »
Well Bert would rather have a right wing government than the left , Gordon Brown and Co bankrupted us with his overspending, say what you like about the current government but we have good growth and high employment, if we get Labour in again it will be disastrous, so I will stick with the Daily Mail .

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 07:14. »
Don't be deceived. Boris is no fool despite his projected bumbling persona.

Offline Keith and Jen

brexit
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 08:17. »
Whoever gets into Downing St. we can get rid of them within 5 years max.
Can we get rid of our unelected masters in Brussels?

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 18:18. »
That's right Keith, Boris would be temporary, the EU isn't , I like Boris, we have had strange PMs before , Disraeli for example and Boris is far preferably to Corbyn

Offline Luton town

brexit
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 21:16. »
Hi Guys ....serious question...
I would ordinarily vote to leave ....however one thing worries me and that is ..will the Spanish Government screw us over if we are no longer under the protection of the European Government.....
Obviously those of you registered as Spanish citizens will be protected but what about those of us that are "part timers" ie still living in the UK ?
I seem to remember a while ago an extra Tax that was levied on "part timers" being deemed illigal by the European Government....
Apologies if this question has been raised before.
Luton

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 21:31. »
Depends whether you believe Gove or Cameron Ian!!
Truth is no one knows how we will be treated if it's Brexit, best guess is the EHIC will be out of the door and that in the short term the £ will collapse.
Apparently flights might cost a few quid more.
Importantly the Spanish will still welcome us with open arms and will love to see us continuing to spend our hard earned

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Luton town

brexit
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 22:03. »
"No one Knows" ....my worry exactly
This I think will be the determining factor in the ballot box John
Better the devil you know and all that ....unfortunately
I will be voting to stay in ...for this very point.
Luton

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 22:11. »
I'm also voting In Ian, for me personally it doesn't make a lot of difference which way the vote goes, but for my grandson and all the other youngsters I believe they have a brighter future if we stay in.

Hope all's well

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 23:02. »
The Spanish need the Brits so not unduly worried, to me the vote is simple, its nothing to do with money or immigration, its giving up hard won self rule, a fundamental principle, I could not live with myself if I voted in.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 23:10. »
A good job Winnie didnt think better the devil you know in 1940, but thinking about it if im going to lose my really valuable ehic card then that might swing me.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56. »
Like Mr Bannatyne, I'm out. An "out" vote will, IMHO, precipitate the collapse of the EU as we know it now and perhaps a more realistic organisation will arise from the ashes. The League of Nations was a good idea poorly implemented and was ultimately replaced by the UN which, whilst not perfect is a whole lot better.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 09:29. »
The  Spanish know there are over a million of us living out here permanently bringing in billions to the economy, so I'm sure there's a 'Sun tax' of some sort on the cards should we vote out.
And that's not anti our 'hosts', just being realistic as they love a tax.