Author Topic: LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER  (Read 5325 times)

Offline LyndaS

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« on: May 10, 2016, 22:52. »
Hi, is there a local taxi firm that is willing to do short journeys within Gran Alacant outside of the  little train's operational hours such as from the commercial centre to Brisas del Faro or other urbanisations a mile or two away?

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 23:35. »
If you ask in one of the local bars most of them know a person who will do trips !!!!! This will probably start the legal taxi - local driver debate again but they are about and I think offer a valuable service .

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:19. »
There is a very well serviced official taxi rank outide the new lidl who will gladly take you around ga for a couple of euros on the meter, if 2 or more persons better value than land train. Incidentally the unofficial taxis like my local urb female driver charge 25 euros for airport runs, official taxi last week was 17 euros off the meter, no choice really.
They dont like it up em !

Offline LyndaS

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:41. »
Thank you both  :)

Offline denandrose

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 14:39. »
The lady on our Urb up the hill who does taxi runs only charges 18 euros from the airport, much less than we have paid the "official" taxis, she is reliable, and most importantly for a nervous passenger, it is not a "white knuckle ride".

Offline Maricia

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 16:12. »
The lady on our Urb up the hill who does taxi runs only charges 18 euros from the airport, much less than we have paid the "official" taxis, she is reliable, and most importantly for a nervous passenger, it is not a "white knuckle ride".

Would it more than a ''white knuckle ride'' if you had an accident in an uninsured/unlicensed taxi?

BW

maricia

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 17:43. »
Hi, what time do the official taxis operate until at night if we want one back from top of GA after midnight will they come?

Offline Maricia

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 18:22. »
Hi, what time do the official taxis operate until at night if we want one back from top of GA after midnight will they come?

Hi,

There are no taxis based/sat up the top, you have to ring the Santa Pola number and one will be dispatched as they run until early hours, however, the later the longer the wait.
BW
Maricia

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 20:34. »
As far as i remember they charge you when leaving santa pola. We asked a bar in the GA centre to order us one when we couldnt get on the train. We waited around 20 mins and as I recall it cost 20 euros for a 3 mins ride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 10:37. »
Are they not based outside Lidl anymore as I thought they charged from there, if it's that expensive it's probably why the illegal ones operate

Offline Maricia

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 11:41. »
Are they not based outside Lidl anymore as I thought they charged from there, if it's that expensive it's probably why the illegal ones operate

Outside Lidl during core shopping hours but not on the stand in the evening.  There is a Santa Pola number to ring (English speaking) and a taxi is dispatched and the taxi can be up to 20 Euros to go up the top from the GA Centre.

BW

Maricia

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 14:16. »
BEST NOT TO GIVE OUT NAMES ON HERE AS TO WHO IS RUNNING AN ILLEGAL TAXI!

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 16:43. »
Does anyone know any other legal taxis numbers or is only options to be ripped off by the existing ones or use illegal ones?

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 23:24. »
Used the official taxi tonight, rang up and they said about 10 minutes and it turned up after 10 mins. The cost was 10 euros from la piedra to Carabassi strip.

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

LOCAL TAXI FIRM/DRIVER
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 23:37. »
Living in Spain we have to abide by their rules and regulations, however much we disagree.  This is Spain.