Author Topic: That's good service  (Read 6319 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
That's good service
« on: May 10, 2016, 14:08. »
Nipped up to GATV's office at about 11.00am to pay them and told them that the Internet wasn't working, phone and TV perfect, just after 12.30pm one of their guys turned up, found my router was shot, put a new one in and left me up and running, no charge, in with the monthly fee.....if it was only as easy to get internet problems resolved in the UK!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 15:03. »
I've just signed up to their annual fee getting a 20% discount off monthly - not worth switching it on and off now - the deal also give you more mbps if you do this (doubles)
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 17:42. »
Hi Rich, a friend signed up to the same deal earlier this year, previous to the he'd been on the "holiday maker package", with the amount of time he spends here he's saving a few euros a year.
For us it's only four to five months a year so not worth it

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
That's good service
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 17:44. »
I'm still with Grannet but have to say that GATV looks to be a better deal, but their website is not exactly interactive - I can't see the monthly deal Rich is referring to - presumably I am going to have to phone them to discuss or call in, yes?
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 18:41. »
I'd call in!!
I've been with both and have to say GATV suits us better for the following reasons.
1. We tend to come to GA for a month at a time, with GATV if I ask to be "turned on" for a month from say the 11 th May it's just a months payment. Grannet took that as two months because it went over two months.
With GATV with one exception, this week, the systems been up and running when we've arrived in GA. With Grannet it was the norm that it was never on and unless Mark or Sidney were in the office it took two or three calls to get the system on.
Grannet often forgot to turn the system off as I'd requested and continued to bill me.
Grannet could not credit you in cash for overcharges  but credited our account.....utter confusion. GATV don't even have my bank details, I pay for a month in cash and that's it

There is nothing to choose between the two IMHO with regards to the quality of the phone line, reliability of the Internet, I just feel that GATV meet my needs as a customer far better.

I must also say that with the exception of Mark and Sidney I find the people at GATV far more customer friendly

Regards all

John

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
That's good service
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 19:12. »
Thanks John, useful info.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
That's good service
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 17:39. »
I used to do the holiday package with Grannet - was 22.50 pm for internet and then a reconnection fee.  I dont know if its just me or they don't charge the reconnection fee anymore but i'm just paying online monthly for when I use it and then emailing them to say I'm not using it and they are not charging me!!  What is the monthly cost with GATV ? 

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline burchd

That's good service
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 19:48. »
I pay Euros 12.71 a month,I do not disconnect and the service is excellent and unlimited.The service is via a small mesh ariel.
I am only 20 yards across the pool from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
That's good service
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 20:02. »
Really!!!  I think i need to chat to you - i dont know who you are either

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 21:56. »
My internet connection from grannet has been abysmal for last two evenings, down to 0.1 mbps!  Great for watching the footie! ( Not)

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 10:01. »
I used to do the holiday package with Grannet - was 22.50 pm for internet and then a reconnection fee.  I dont know if its just me or they don't charge the reconnection fee anymore but i'm just paying online monthly for when I use it and then emailing them to say I'm not using it and they are not charging me!!  What is the monthly cost with GATV ? 

Hi puddy-woo, it wasn't about cost with me, it was about quality of service
Interestingly Grannet did offer me a lower charge to stay with them, an offer I declined

Regards all

John

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
That's good service
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 20:47. »
My BB and phone connection went down today, I called Grannet just after 6pm, two techies were with me before 6.30 and replaced the antenna and were gone by 6.50.
We have had the phone for ages but the BB only since February but have been very happy with it. Not tried the discon / recon yet but very happy with today's service.
Dave

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
That's good service
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 10:43. »
We also pay 12 euros with GATV, been with them for years, friendly prompt service, cant beat them.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
That's good service
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 11:19. »
I am going to contact Grannet and see if i can get a better deal. Will let you know the outcome

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
That's good service
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 13:00. »
No joy

Casa De Valen Med II