Author Topic: Brexit, that horrible word  (Read 30950 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Brexit, that horrible word
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2016, 17:49. »
Well it gets no plainer than that John, if a Euro MEP thinks exit is the right choice its got to be the right choice, if he don't know the state of play who does.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2016, 19:10. »
It really shows what a crazy, expensive bureaucratic mess it is.
Such a shame, the basic principle was superb, it's all gone terribly wrong

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2016, 19:25. »
Agree John, its beyond reform , it won't get better, akin to Moscow under communism ruling countries thousands of mikes away that they had no understanding of, just rule and destroy.

Online Chris C

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2016, 19:32. »
Reading in the Costa Blanca News that out of all the other countries Spain has the highest poll of all other member states not wanting to see UK leave EU

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2016, 19:37. »
Pondering that, personanally think Brits will still have a love affair with Spain if we leave the EU so can't imagine visitor numbers will drop so why don't they want us to leave, would do them a power of good if they left .

Online Chris C

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2016, 22:08. »
What about the Gibraltar issue if UK left EU?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 09:15. »
After quite a lot of research I've made my mind up.
Like a lot of things in life the EU had its fair share of issues and it does need a massive shake up, I think we should stay in and be part of the shake up.
My feeling is that our economy would suffer and as a result of this we would see a big increase in unemployment and even more strains on welfare/healthcare/education etc.
It's an expensive club to be in when you look at our net contribution, but it'd be even more expensive if we left IMHO

Regards all

John

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 12:45. »
Have to agree, John - but with some reluctance.
So many pros & cons, but the best chance we have of making our "neighbourhood" fair & worthwhile is from the INSIDE.  Loose our influence if we leave.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 17:02. »
For my kids and the grandchild on the ways sake I am voting out, we have to take control of making our own laws and policy, other countries prosper outside the EU, don't believe we will suffer economically, hoping if we leave the EU will break up allowing other countries the chance to regain control.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 20:30. »
Still undecided need more info probably the most important vote I will ever make

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2016, 21:56. »
I'm definitely voting to leave.
I don't buy any of this 'we'd be worse off' nonsense being peddled mainly by those who have a vested (financial) interest in staying. Plenty countries  exist outside of the European Union and still trade with it.
Too many EU jobs rely on the UK trading with them so it's in their own interests to deal with us.

The ability to go back to the days of abiding by our own laws, decided by the people we elected to do so, within the borders we control has to be better than pouring billions into the gravy train that is the EU for very little return.
Whilst the 'stay in' lot hammer on about what will happen if we leave, they don't and simply can't back it up with any facts. The truth is, no one knows what will happen.

I read today that Spain is one of the countries who are already making plans to not only retain the Uk People (and therefore cash they bring)already there, but actually attract more. After all, the Spanish building sector is the fastest growing in Europe.

Roll on June!

Cheers

Davy !!!

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 02:22. »
The whole in out vote appears to be a game of chance

Vote to stay in and we accept whatever we are given

Vote out and hope it's the right decision

People will put an X in the box and hope it is the best decision for them but no one knows what an in or out vote means

Oh well in the words of Henry V

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 05:13. »
Well said Davy, likewise I don't think things will change much, I did hear on one news report that French farmers have warned their government that there will be big trouble and protests if exports to the UK are blocked in the event of our exit so think other countries would follow.It all comes down to money and trade in the end and that always wins over any idealist policy.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2016, 08:07. »
I agree Kevin,
The average 'worker' anywhere in Europe is not anti 'Europe'...just anti EU. Bureaucracy cripples business.