Author Topic: Window panes  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Window panes
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 22:02. »
Maricia i can assure you that any grilles fitted after construction using security bolts can be easily and neatly removed by simple tools purchased at merca china. Alternatively our friends in javea had theres removed by a rope tied to back of car sadly it pulled half the wall down as well, made carrying the tv out easier though. Without being alarmist the simple fact is if they want to get in they will.
They dont like it up em !

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Window panes
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 22:37. »
Might as well leave all the doors and windows open then.  At least it avoids damage.

Bert

Offline Maricia

Window panes
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 10:14. »
Maricia i can assure you that any grilles fitted after construction using security bolts can be easily and neatly removed by simple tools purchased at merca china. Alternatively our friends in javea had theres removed by a rope tied to back of car sadly it pulled half the wall down as well, made carrying the tv out easier though. Without being alarmist the simple fact is if they want to get in they will.

I can only write from experience! In terms of thefts in GA as we all know it is normally via 'trickery' tactics such as, my cat is on your roof (to gain entry), people trying your gate saying they are looking for someone/work or as mentioned through pure opportunity theft such as hands through windows with sticks to fish bags etc (this happened a few times recently in GA).

I have kept grilles but put one on a hinge with a Yale key operation purely for fire and safety reasons.

BW

Maricia