Author Topic: Drunk driver  (Read 1216 times)

Offline TRISH

Drunk driver
« on: October 21, 2017, 17:11. »
Last evening (Friday) while sat out side The Pub, myself and husband and two friends seen a man leaving The pub, very very drunk hardly able to walk, we watched him go and leave the square past The Patagonia, he then stumbled into his hire car (Record car hire). Registration number 2362JHH
He tried to drive it away but was not capable and ended up backing into a blue van that was parked next to him. We banged on the car window and told him to get out of car and we said he is incapable of driving home in his condition. He got out and just laughed, then he tried to say he was not British and could not understand us!! He is British, we have seen him several times over the years in Gran Alacant. There were two other witnesses, one of who then got in the car and moved it away from the blue van it hit.
He then staggered up the hill. Sorry we did not look to see if the van was damanged and did not know who it belonged to. So does anyone know who the blue van belongs to.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Drunk driver
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 19:23. »
So much for all the çomplaints about the Spanish!!!!!!!!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Drunk driver
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 20:26. »
I bet the driver of 2362 JHH will be on social media next week complaining about the shocking tactics employed by car hire companies charging customers for damage that was there when they collected the car from the airport and was nothing to do with them........

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Drunk driver
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 21:07. »
You do get some very drunk people in GA and they dont seem to be that young!!! When we were over in September we tried to help 2 men who couldn’t get their key in the gate on Med 3. It clearly didn’t fit so I asked them if maybe they were staying on Med 2?  They were clueless, think they had walked to far. We left them with one trying to cock his leg over the wall. Pity the people in the apartment they would have tried to get into. They were in their late 60’s i’d say old enough to no better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline TRISH

Drunk driver
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 00:40. »
The driver was in his late 60's/70 ish I think, so yes he should know better.
I'm sure we will see him again in the square and we will approach him to see if he remembers anything about it, which I doubt he will.
We have contacted Record car hire and informed them.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Drunk driver
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 00:52. »
Well done you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Drunk driver
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 18:10. »
I would have phoned the Police.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk