Author Topic: Pola park  (Read 939 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Pola park
« on: October 21, 2017, 21:52. »
Took the grandchildren to pola park tonight and my god we got eaten alive by mozzies I have never seen so many people were rushing to leave under the spotlights there were millions of them I got bitten 10 times in 20 mins

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Pola park
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 22:39. »
Interesting.  There was a doom & gloom in the Guardian this week about the dire effects of the devastation to the insect population, yet reading this post & having witnessed the huge numbers of wasps this year, you'd never think it.

Offline NickiH

Pola park
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 23:21. »
Mossies are the worst I have ever seen this year. I can’t remember ever getting bitten so much in October.
Wasps are in abundance too. Our orange tree by midday is covered in them.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Pola park
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 00:54. »
Agreed, it’s really bad.
I’m no expert but I’m sure s few that I killed in the house in the day time were those Asian Tiger Mosquitoes

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline SueB

Pola park
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 19:08. »
I react quite badly to mosquito bites so I am very careful, wearing protection 24/7, but when we were over in September I got bitten twice even though I took all my usual percautions.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Pola park
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 21:09. »
Good job you weren’t there last night I never get bitten last time was 15 years ago but last night at pola park I was an all you can Buffett for mozzies