Author Topic: Amber plus  (Read 906 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Amber plus
« on: July 24, 2021, 12:21. »
Hi all has anyone heard anything about Amber plus, this keeps being mentioned here in the uk saying spain will be going on it but I can’t find any information.
What is Amber plus ?
What is the situation like out there at the moment, I want to book but still not sure 🤔.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Amber plus
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 13:32. »
Steve I have to say having been out here some weeks that it’s hard to believe there’s a pandemic on. The Spanish are taking it very seriously indeed with some people still wearing masks on the beach and whilst outside. I got told off quite sternly the other day as I sauntered into the Tapas guys shop in the GA centre and told to get out as only 3 allowed, my fault for not reading the sign. Most tables well spaced and lots of cleaning going on, good social distancing everyone respectful. Generally I would say it feels safer here than when we left the UK which in true Brit style was sliding down a slippery slope of losing control with the clown car swerving left and right with the odd u turn thrown in.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Amber plus
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 14:03. »
Wilson is there any talk of this Amber plus they keep on about here ??
Bit worried to book if we need to rush home again !!!!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Amber plus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 17:01. »
Steve to be honest GA could be on the moon when it comes to news. Most of our Spanish friends are indifferent or not particularly interested in other EU states or the UK visiting so it’s just not on there radar. You ask red/amber/ green and they genuinely have no idea.There appears more brits arriving as the summer progresses but it’s still eerily quiet unless you go to Arenales where it is heaving.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Amber plus
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 23:43. »

From the BBC news service today, which may help a bit:

Meanwhile, an analysis by the Labour party suggests that the holiday plans of nearly six million Britons could be ruined if Spain and Greece are added to the "amber plus" list alongside France.

The party said an estimated 5,857,558 people faced last-minute quarantine requirements after booking trips over the "summer of chaos".

Since 19 July, fully vaccinated adults returning to the UK from amber list countries have not needed need to complete the 10-day quarantine period.

But ministers removed the exemption for France amid fears over the Beta Covid variant, creating what critics say is an "amber plus" category on government's traffic light system for international travel.

Labour's shadow transport secretary Jim McMahon said: "Not only have they failed to protect our borders, allowing Covid cases to rocket - they also refuse to be straight with the public and give them the information they need to book travel with confidence."

A spokesman for the Department for Transport said: "The travel list allocations have not changed for Spain or Greece."

He added that officials were "closely monitoring the data" and would take "swift action" should the data reveal a change in risk to England from these countries.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Nikkim79

Amber plus
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 04:55. »
Hi all has anyone heard anything about Amber plus, this keeps being mentioned here in the uk saying spain will be going on it but I can’t find any information.
What is Amber plus ?
What is the situation like out there at the moment, I want to book but still not sure 🤔.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Hi Steve,
We are currently going into day 3 of our holiday here in Gran Alacant and before we flew all we heard about was Spain being put on the Amber plus list and we spent a whole day trying to find out if they would and all we read was it’s a possibility but that government had made no announcements and that it was all speculation. Spain as a whole has more of the Beta variant cases than France which is why they are apprantly keeping an eye on it but we knew coming here we would feel safe as it’s not like we are partying down in Benidorm 😂
I’ve heard from couple travel experts that they think if Spain is to go on this Amber plus list that the decision will be made on august 2nd/4th on the next travel update and would come into force the following week. I think for some people that have holidays booked for after then it may be a concern but for right now it’s not. It’s a shame as like said people are very careful here, masks being worn and the usual cleaning and sanitising going on. We’ve been out for dinner this evening and servers wearing masks and felt. Wry safe. Fingers crossed for them it doesn’t go on Amber plus as it’s such a lovely place to come to and I’ve already noticed some little shops have shut down here which is such a shame.

Regards
Nikki x

Offline Nikkim79

Amber plus
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 04:58. »
Sorry and to answer your question amber plus is even if your double vaccinated you still need to quarantine at home for 10 days on arrival back from Spain and take a day 2 and 8 test (although you can pay for a test to release on day 5). At the minute with Amber you don’t have to quarantine and just have a day 2 test when home.
X