Author Topic: TIE card  (Read 548 times)

Offline Dave C

TIE card
« on: June 28, 2021, 15:43. »
I've been advised by FAB to apply for a TIE card as it's soon to be mandatory.
Can someone give me the bare facts to apply/get the card in GA?
BTW, we have the green residencia forms from 2003.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
TIE card
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:17. »
From the Briish Ambassador in Spain:

Although it is not obligatory, both we and the Spanish authorities do now strongly encourage UK nationals who have a green certificate, to exchange this for a TIE. The process is:

1.    Book a ‘cita previa’ (appointment) at: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1fwmuoE5wnE3IiRMaro5WM12Af7NxPn2s9Bzirc-N1CMEJNcvubSbl0M8

2.  Select your ‘provincia’

3.  Select: ‘trámites cuerpo nacional de policía’ (if it is possible to choose)

4.  Select: ‘Policia Exp. Tarjeta Asociada al Acuerdo Y Retirada Ciudadanos Británicos y sus Familiares (Brexit)’

Documentation you will need to present:

1.  Form EX23

2.  Valid passport. If your passport has expired, you must provide a copy of your passport and the renewal application

3.  Proof of payment of fees (Model 790. Code 012)

4.  1 photograph that meets the Spanish national identity document regulations.

The Spanish authorities have recently opened up more appointments in Alicante, Benidorm and Torrevieja.

More information on this process is available at: https://www.inclusion.gob.es/ficheros/brexit/guia_brexit_2020_en.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2f7P54wBlgjLTXZv8AHg0BDCBeFVBRa1BavE-QQ7NKiNc420gF3pu76Ww

Video of Ambassador's announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/BritsInSpain/videos/244578514090120

Offline Lolabunny

TIE card
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:29. »

Hi Dave, like you we had the green Residencia card from years ago! We have just applied to change for TIE. We decided for ease to ask our Lawyer here to apply for us..( we use Susana Rosa near to La Piedra).

This is what we had to provide (which is slightly different from what it says on web site).

Valid passport
NEW Padron.....Susana obtained this for us.
Evidence of 3 months income into Spain...certified by Bank.
Evidence of 3 months account balance....certified by Bank.
Photocopy of SIP card...front and back.
Bank evidence of payment of TIE tax.
Form EX23 completed by Susana and she obtained the appointment.
One Passport type photograph. The background MUST be very white. We had professional ones done but were refused as background not white enough!!!! We had to find a machine and have further photos taken.

Susana met us at the Foreigners Office in Alicante and apart from photo.....it all went very well. We have paperwork to collect the TIE card in 4 weeks time in an office in Alicante. The staff were very pleasant....we did see a few people turned away because they did not have correct paperwork. So, again we thought it was money well spent to have been advised by Susana. The cost including TIE tax was 70 euros each.
Hope that helps. X

Offline Dave C

TIE card
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 12:31. »
Thanks Lola, that's very helpful.
 Looking through the application process online,
it seems that we can go to Elche for the appointment. Is that right?

many thanks
Dave

Offline Lolabunny

TIE card
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 13:13. »
Hi Dave,
I think there are a number of places you can go to.....some have longer waiting list than others. X

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
TIE card
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 19:46. »
As ever Rosa took care of all of that for us, although last time I spoke to her she said appointments are hard to come by though. Cheap, easy and with a smile: 646141903

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
TIE card
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 21:39. »
As ever Rosa took care of all of that for us, although last time I spoke to her she said appointments are hard to come by though. Cheap, easy and with a smile: 646141903

Yes she is a star. My Spanish car was due to be taxed which I could not to from here in the UK. One email to Rosa and she was on the case for me and quickly sorted it.

Derek.