Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13931 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2021, 18:39. »
Just a point on testing for all . I’ve been very impressed with them for £99 +pp I think I will be using them again if we have to do this long term

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2021, 21:23. »
The do exactly what they say on the tin. They state they are a 'not for profit' organisation which might be why they're cheaper than the rest. I'm not going to answer the phone tomorrow to see if I get a visit.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2021, 15:29. »

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2021, 22:55. »
Groundhog day tomorrow. Cheated a bit, went for a walk at 9pm instead of waiting until 2359. Hope the virus can't tell the time.

Called today, third time, on my wife's phone, clever that, they get both of you in one hit. Are they that clever?

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2021, 06:57. »
Five days, five calls.
I've now started to interrupt them by asking questions to throw them of their stride. They're obviously not used to it.
First question as soon as he said 'Are you quarantining at the address you gave on the form?
Me -'Can't you tell? Aren't you tracking the phone?'
Apparently the people who rang haven't got the means of GPS tracking where you are so I pointed out I could have been in Tesco's car park. That flummoxed him and he waffled for a bit before returning to script.
I also pointed out that unlike yesterday he hadn't asked if I'd had my Day 2 test result. Again cue a bit of waffle from his end.
I'm now starting to enjoy this game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:36. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2021, 09:26. »
I’m still being neglected by them day 8 today and still only the 1 call on day 1 . I’m starting to wonder if maybe I should call them to let them know I’m ok and still following the rules .

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2021, 09:41. »
May has it right. Me thinks the mode is changing see here;

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2021, 11:14. »
You may be right Derek the mood music is changing ever so slightly as the EU opens up and we can't because Boris delayed putting India on the red list.

Also what will be the effect on the publict of letting European VIP's into the UK exempt from quarantine to watch the EUFA semi finals and final at wembley.

Offline Pewster

Spanish border
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2021, 12:09. »
You may be right Derek the mood music is changing ever so slightly as the EU opens up and we can't because Boris delayed putting India on the red list.

Also what will be the effect on the publict of letting European VIP's into the UK exempt from quarantine to watch the EUFA semi finals and final at wembley.

Latest word is not just Very Important Payers, but ordinary fans will be allowed in for the knock out phases as long as they have negative test and adhere to their social bubble.
I will say for the umpteenth time, the U.K. government has made decisions led by the pound not the science or public health.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2021, 14:07. »
And for the umpteenth time I agree with you.
All starting to unravel for Boris with a bit of luck. Couldn't someone around him see this coming? It's not like the football was arranged yesterday.
Football fans staying in their bubble and not the pub!! Joke of the year. Look at the Scottish fans paying attention to the do not travel advice.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2021, 07:54. »

Feel slightly aggrieved when we return to the UK that we will have to quarantine when he is thinking of letting in 2,500 VIP’s and fans in to watch the final at Wembley without quarantine !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19. »
That is what equality and levelling up the country means. Surely you do not expect the virus to infect the wealthy.

We must do as we are told and respect those in power can get away with most of it.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2021, 21:33. »
That is what equality and levelling up the country means. Surely you do not expect the virus to infect the wealthy.

We must do as we are told and respect those in power can get away with most of it.

Derek
It’s the old 80/20 rule, we’ve got 10% of the population that consistently undermine everything during the pandemic and 10% who have been allowed to carry on with their lives with little restriction or inconvenience, then we have the 80% who have complied and done everything that’s been asked of us. I even had to agree with what Teresa May said that she’s hacked off with still not having her life back despite both jabs etc. Billy Smart and the other passengers in the clown car need to get a grip.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2021, 10:58. »
A little unfair on Billy Smart Wilson. Billy Smart appeared to be quite successful in running his circus so the association you place there is strange!

Derek :-*

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 11:19. by Derek »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2021, 10:44. »
A little unfair on Billy Smart Wilson. Billy Smart appeared to be quite successful in running his circus so the association you place there is strange!

Derek :-*
Our great leader has also been very successful throughout his varied career, he’s just incompetent as a Prime Minister though I’m sure when he’s thrown out of number 10 he will resume his success.