Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13918 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2021, 20:16. »
Got my first call from test and trace today . Reading from a script really pointless questions can’t believe they feel the need to ask do I know I must quarantine at the address I’m at for 10 days ?  No I’ve never seen that in any of the research I did before going . Here hoping tomorrow’s call will be from an adult

It's all bad news Spurs - it's exactly the same script every day, never changes and completely humourless. When they ask where you are you could be anywhere, without physically checking how do they know your not in the pub or at work. I suppose if they actually called round they could get seriously hurt by someone who has had to put up with the rubbish for a few days. I had an Irish guy for the first two days, an Asian for the third and a Scottish lady today - had to keep telling them it was a bad line and  to repeat themselves, because of the accents I couldn't understand what they were saying first time around. Be prepared for a call on your alternate number as well, they call me on my wifes phone.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2021, 09:34. »
Got my first call from test and trace today . Reading from a script really pointless questions can’t believe they feel the need to ask do I know I must quarantine at the address I’m at for 10 days ?  No I’ve never seen that in any of the research I did before going . Here hoping tomorrow’s call will be from an adult

It's all bad news Spurs - it's exactly the same script every day, never changes and completely humourless. When they ask where you are you could be anywhere, without physically checking how do they know your not in the pub or at work. I suppose if they actually called round they could get seriously hurt by someone who has had to put up with the rubbish for a few days. I had an Irish guy for the first two days, an Asian for the third and a Scottish lady today - had to keep telling them it was a bad line and  to repeat themselves, because of the accents I couldn't understand what they were saying first time around. Be prepared for a call on your alternate number as well, they call me on my wifes phone.

They almost certainly use the simplicity of current technology which anyone who has an iPhone will know locates your phone to within a metre anywhere on the planet. You could say I’m at home but they on mapping would see the phone is actually 5 miles away at Tesco’s. Landlines are easy so no fiddling, the reason for ringing wife’s phone or vice versa is obvious, you leave your phone at home and go shopping, they ring no answer “in the shower” , so ring on alternate numbers you aren’t both going to be “busy” at the same time, and you should be together constantly ,no answers or suggestion of popping out and a knock on the door. Bear in mind if you pop out, it’s almost impossible to not be located or found out. My advice is do your 10 days and stick to the rules.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:37. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2021, 10:13. »
It is easy to see why there are empty seats on the planes to Spain. For the average person to add the cost of three tests per person, which I think is goodbye to about £220 each plus if you are working you need to add on the loss of not doing so for 10 days.

I wonder if employers are obliged to pay their staff who, against government advice, travel to Spain and then can't go to work. Would this be a case of disciplinary action against the member of staff?

Not that I now employ anyone but when if did I would be a little pissed off if staff did not return to work after their holidays because they were putting their feet up at home awaiting a call from the track and trace people.

Derek

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:20. by Derek »

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2021, 11:31. »
It is easy to see why there are empty seats on the planes to Spain. For the average person to add the cost of three tests per person, which I think is goodbye to about £220 each plus if you are working you need to add on the loss of not doing so for 10 days.

I wonder if employers are obliged to pay their staff who, against government advice, travel to Spain and then can't go to work. Would this be a case of disciplinary action against the member of staff?

Not that I now employ anyone but when if did I would be a little pissed off if staff did not return to work after their holidays because they were putting their feet up at home awaiting a call from the track and trace people.

Derek
don’t think it’s the cost that will put me off Derek but the naughty boy phone calls from the Test and trace that might !

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2021, 11:42. »
Spurs

The cost will put a lot of people off. Young family with two teenage kids for example could be adding nearly a thousand to the holiday cost for tests alone.

A lot of people do not have that sought of money.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2021, 12:06. »
You have to give Ryanair credit for trying, they are now offering several types of all inclusive travel packs, the green and amber kits. The price has come down again as it usually does. I think some form of testing is going to be with us for years, any hope we in the uk had of the war will be over by Xmas has now disappeared. The only chance of travelling normality might be very tight travel corridors like what Bozo and Big Joe are talking about. It needs to be run by a quick thinking decisive person who gets things done, that excludes 99% of Whitehall and Westminster, it also has to run as not for profit which rules out 99% of business leaders which leaves us up a smelly creek with a short paddle.

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2021, 12:52. »
Spurs

The cost will put a lot of people off. Young family with two teenage kids for example could be adding nearly a thousand to the holiday cost for tests alone.

A lot of people do not have that sought of money.

Derek
Derek it was a joke a flippant comment aimed at the robots from T and T

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2021, 16:26. »

Derek
Prices have dropped €40 here in Spain for test to return and £99 for day 2and 8 tests. Flights were £39 return so for both of us it’s less than £180 return. We have paid that in July last minute before

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2021, 17:27. »
Just landed at BHX. £20 flight, 40 euro antigen test and £104 for the 2 and 8 day test (Thanks Spurs).
Filled in the forms and uploaded all my docs to the Ryanair website. Straight through security and passports at Alicante. In the queue at the gate the Ryanair lass checked for antigen test and UK Locator form and gave us a slip to hand it at the gate.
At Birmingham a quick passport check and out, no check on the Locator form.
Probably 10 minutes in and out on arrival at Alicante and Birmingham.

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2021, 00:19. »
No call from test and trace today obviously they and the virus don’t work Saturdays

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2021, 12:17. »
They work Sundays - just had a call 11.10 am

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2021, 17:03. »
They work Sundays - just had a call 11.10 am

They forgot me yesterday for the first time but called Mrs G twice. Got me again today to remind me it's day 8 tomorrow and don't forget your test. As if.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2021, 17:15. »

They almost certainly use the simplicity of current technology which anyone who has an iPhone will know locates your phone to within a metre anywhere on the planet. You could say I’m at home but they on mapping would see the phone is actually 5 miles away at Tesco’s. Landlines are easy so no fiddling, the reason for ringing wife’s phone or vice versa is obvious, you leave your phone at home and go shopping, they ring no answer “in the shower” , so ring on alternate numbers you aren’t both going to be “busy” at the same time, and you should be together constantly ,no answers or suggestion of popping out and a knock on the door. Bear in mind if you pop out, it’s almost impossible to not be located or found out. My advice is do your 10 days and stick to the rules.

Hi Wilson, Iv'e done the crime so I'll do the time. It's planned for, cupboards were stocked before we left, beer in the fridge and any work I do is from home so it's not really a big deal.

I'm not at all a technophobe but I'm sure you can only be tracked by tracing your phone mast to mast - hardly worth it for breaking quarantine. Unless of course you select to allow another phone to access you. But then again I may be wrong.

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2021, 18:51. »
Day 4 of quarantine and for 3rd day running no call from Test and Trace , I reckon I was so convincing that they have put me to bottom of pile. Day 2 test was done and sent In such a lovely task
The list of jobs the misses has given me is being done but every time I finish one she seems to add two . I saw humans out of the window today !!!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2021, 19:22. »
Whether you enable location sharing or not , your provider knows exactly the location of your phone is, I can't imagine though that track and trace have access to your phone location though, it's all bluff.