Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13919 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2021, 16:58. »
Hope the flights OK B&W, it's somebody's good idea to check documents before allowing boarding, saves all the hassle at UK entry.

Were back over on 28th for another week, unless another scarient appears.

Had a call from Track n Trace this afternoon explaining the quarantine process and do i understand it, have I got day 2 and 8 tests arranged and by implication the consequences of not being in should somebody knock on the door.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2021, 19:00. »
Sounds very straightforward. We are flying out from Bristol tomorrow. Hope it’s an easy journey to get there. First time in 15 months
Make sure you take some mozzy repellent and itch cream. The insects are very active after the rain last week.
Oh yes we have plenty of that thanks

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2021, 14:02. »
All paperwork done and completed ready to attempt my return to UK tomorrow. Had my covid test up the life resort doctors today negative. But it did feel she pushed to right up my nose held it in for five seconds then turned it a few times for good measure.
Walking around now feeling like I’ve had a cucumber up there.

Hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2021, 14:54. »
Hello just arrived in GA and we haven’t any electricity. Does anyone know of an electrician please. We have tried to reset on the box outside to no avail. Thank you

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2021, 15:19. »
Gary or Clive who both advertise in GA advertiser , have used both in past but don’t have numbers

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2021, 15:20. »
I’ve had this before the smart meter shut down try ringing Iberdrola on 900171171 they speak English . They wanted my NIE number address and customer ref number on bill and turned it on remotely instantly hope that helps

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2021, 15:21. »
Thank
You I’ll look on the advertiser

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2021, 15:30. »
I’ve had this before the smart meter shut down try ringing Iberdrola on 900171171 they speak English . They wanted my NIE number address and customer ref number on bill and turned it on remotely instantly hope that helps Thank you I I’ll try this first

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2021, 16:26. »
All paperwork done and completed ready to attempt my return to UK tomorrow. Had my covid test up the life resort doctors today negative. But it did feel she pushed to right up my nose held it in for five seconds then turned it a few times for good measure.
Walking around now feeling like I’ve had a cucumber up there.

Hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly

My experience was similar, as the swab went up my nose the nurse turned to talk to my wife and forgot to stop pushing; almost took my eye out from inside and I banged my head on the wall behind me as I recoiled.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2021, 18:36. »
I’ve had this before the smart meter shut down try ringing Iberdrola on 900171171 they speak English . They wanted my NIE number address and customer ref number on bill and turned it on remotely instantly hope that helps Thank you I I’ll try this first
All working now thank you gave them a call. Getting through Alicante airport was a breeze

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2021, 20:21. »
Brilliant glad to help

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2021, 22:39. »
Hi Spurs, be prepared for calls from track n trace. We got home Monday evening and have been contacted both days since then.

Just phone calls so far but we have no intention of breaking the quarantine anyway, we're well prepared and stocked up.

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2021, 23:12. »
Cheers Dave I’ve no intention of breaking be interesting to see how many calls I get

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2021, 18:00. »

So the journey home . Got to AlC early dropped off hire car . Got masked up and braved the terminal. Straight through security, no issues got a coffee and played with EMail etc
About 2 hours before departure my boarding pass on my phone sent me a message saying gate  27b never had this type of message before or a gate so early before. Went through the auto booths into B Gates had my passport stamped again with exit stamp. With a little help from me he managed to get both stamps on the same page but not the right way up still it’s early days yet About 1.5 hours before flight time RyanAir staff came over and went through all my paperwork with me  UK entry form. Negative Covid Test. Pre booked and paid for day 2 and day 8 tests. The actually wanted proof of payment for these , I guess that’s to stop people cancelling them . After she checked everything I was given a piece of printed paper and told all I needed to board was my passport, boarding pass and this piece of paper.  Boarded plane early only about 45 passengers had a choice of seats. Plane took off on time I still get a buzz when it accelerates down the runway even though I done it thousands of times now . Flight brilliant on time.seatbelt light on for whole flight
Stansted no problem only interested in gov location form and passport straight through didn’t even ask for proof of negative test or 2 and 10 day test

Sent from my iPad

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2021, 19:28. »
Apparently the 10 days isolation only applies to us plebs. Joe Biden has flown in from an Amber country and he is out for a walk with Boris on the news. No social distancing no masks.
Yes I’m sure he’s been tested but so have I

I think when test and trace ring me I will ask why he is different