Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13946 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:26. by Derek »

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2021, 16:20. »
Looks like Spain will be staying on Amber until at least end of June & possibly Portugal going Amber, that’s travel industry & tourism industry in Spain stuffed for another month at least

Offline Pewster

Spanish border
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 16:58. »
Looks like Spain will be staying on Amber until at least end of June & possibly Portugal going Amber, that’s travel industry & tourism industry in Spain stuffed for another month at least

Not as stuffed as those already booked for Portugal who can’t get refunds, or can’t afford additional tests and quarantine. There are currently 1800 scheduled full flights to Portugal this month alone.

All the costs associated with travel are 90% the cost of arriving in the U.K. , which is one hell of a deterrent against taking your pounds elsewhere in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 17:11. by Pewster »

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2021, 18:21. »
Apparently Amber lists are all designed to protect the 21st June reopening in UK

Offline Pewster

Spanish border
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2021, 21:01. »
Apparently Amber lists are all designed to protect the 21st June reopening in UK

So more things will be open on ‘the rock’ for you to spend your money on and keep your taxes there.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2021, 21:35. »
I thought Gibraltar had zero sales tax so I assume it will be difficult for them to keep any.

Derek

Offline Pewster

Spanish border
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2021, 22:59. »
I thought Gibraltar had zero sales tax so I assume it will be difficult for them to keep any.

Derek

I’m sorry Derek, I’ll try to refer to it as the island colony of ‘little Britain’ from now on, I can see how two rocks could lead to confusion.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2021, 23:15. »
From El Pais this evening; there's a query around the date as June 6 is Sunday not Tuesday.

The premier of the Valencia region, Ximo Puig, announced on Thursday that coronavirus restrictions will be lifted as contagions continue to fall. As of Tuesday, June 6, the region will no longer be under a curfew, nor will there be a 10-person limit on social meetings in private and public spaces. But the number of people allowed to be seated at a table will still be restricted to 10.

From June 6, nighttime venues will be able to reopen until 2am, with capacity limited to 50% in indoor areas and no limits on outdoor spaces. All restrictions on capacity in places of worship will also be lifted from this date.

For 11 weeks, Valencia has had the lowest 14-day cumulative number of cases per 100,000 inhabitants in Spain and Europe. This data point is currently 35.8 per 100,000 – far below the Spanish average of 118.5.

Puig also said he was in favor of ending the mandatory use of face masks “outdoors, in the beach, forests and natural parks

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2021, 23:02. »
Hi all, quick update. We left Spain today and returned to UK this evening.

Had an antigen test at the Masa Sq clinic at 0930 and had the results by 1000. Very professional.

Flight was with Ryanair and in the queue at the departure gate our test certificates and locator forms were checked and we were issued with a little slip to show with our passports at the gate check-in.

On arrival at Manchester we had to show passports only as the other forms had been checked in ALC and without clearance we wouldn't be allowed to board. This checking avoids queues at arrivals.

Very slick in Manchester, no queue, landed at 1902, home at 1955 and we're 35 minutes from the airport.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Spanish border
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2021, 09:11. »
Sounds very straightforward. We are flying out from Bristol tomorrow. Hope it’s an easy journey to get there. First time in 15 months 

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2021, 10:18. »
It sounds as if some are following the Government advice see here;

https://murciatoday.com/spanish-tourism-has-lost-4-billion-euros-due-to-lack-of-uk-visitors-so-far-this-year_1607174-a.html?%3Fregion=7&fbclid=IwAR3-CKEptsWrgQxmZBuwQMrR4BdvJ5Si3rsE_jHa8bMh8uxfsZgvp-wx8KE#bottom_navigate

Derek
Derek, can’t you give the government propaganda posts a rest, people can make their own mind up and as long as rules are followed it’s not an issue

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2021, 10:33. »
It sounds as if some are following the Government advice see here;

https://murciatoday.com/spanish-tourism-has-lost-4-billion-euros-due-to-lack-of-uk-visitors-so-far-this-year_1607174-a.html?%3Fregion=7&fbclid=IwAR3-CKEptsWrgQxmZBuwQMrR4BdvJ5Si3rsE_jHa8bMh8uxfsZgvp-wx8KE#bottom_navigate

Derek
Derek, can’t you give the government propaganda posts a rest, people can make their own mind up and as long as rules are followed it’s not an issue

The short answer is no, surely as you can, I can post within the rules. The link I pasted to the Murcia news is not A UK government propaganda web site. I am sorry if you only like posts that agree with you thoughts but unfortunately all are entitled to their own view including myself.

Derek

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2021, 11:54. »
Sounds very straightforward. We are flying out from Bristol tomorrow. Hope it’s an easy journey to get there. First time in 15 months
Make sure you take some mozzy repellent and itch cream. The insects are very active after the rain last week.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2021, 14:06. »
I fly back to BHX on Saturday so I hope it's trouble free for me as well. I'll let you all know how the quarantine goes (this will be my fifth time. It's been great to be back in Spain after six months away and all being well I'm back out again next month. Not having to do a pcr test to enter Spain was an added bonus and saved a drive to the NEC and £80.