Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13624 times)

Offline TRIDENT

Spanish border
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2021, 21:35. »
This afternoon (Sunday)we cycled from Arenelas through to Santa Pola along the coast road. It was as busy as i have ever seen it. No where to park all the way along . I think the Spanish must be Holidaying local.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 16:50. »
Arrived ALC 1000 today on flight from Manchester only 30% full.
Off the bus at passport control we were directed through 3 channels; 1. Spanish, 2.Residents and EU passports and 3.Brexidiots.
Very smooth and well organised but ours was the only plane in and not even half full, my passport stamped but Mrs G with Irish passport wasn't.
After passports a short walk to have the locator form scanned. No temperature checks. No IDP required at car hire.
It's raining.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2021, 16:56. »
Arrived ALC 1000 today on flight from Manchester only 30% full.
Off the bus at passport control we were directed through 3 channels; 1. Spanish, 2.Residents and EU passports and 3.Brexidiots.
Very smooth and well organised but ours was the only plane in and not even half full, my passport stamped but Mrs G with Irish passport wasn't.
After passports a short walk to have the locator form scanned. No temperature checks. No IDP required at car hire.
It's raining.

I suppose the flight was only 30% full because most Brit's take the Government advice not to travel to Spain seriously. By ignoring this advice I fully expect no complaints when we are forced to lockdown again.

Derek
The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 16:59. by Derek »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 17:29. »
I get your point Derek but no one is breaking any rules . It’s advice not law , the govt also advises against smoking , drinking, using mobiles while driving hands free and a million and one other things.
As Boris has said on many occasions it’s time to stop telling people what they can and can’t do and let them have the facts and make their own informed decisions.

That’s what I’m going to do

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 18:27. »
Have a great time Spurs, hope that your house was all ok.
Looking forward to your updates on life in GA at the moment.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 18:33. »
I get your point Derek but no one is breaking any rules . It’s advice not law , the govt also advises against smoking , drinking, using mobiles while driving hands free and a million and one other things.
As Boris has said on many occasions it’s time to stop telling people what they can and can’t do and let them have the facts and make their own informed decisions.

That’s what I’m going to do

Hi Spurs

I haven't suggested that anyone is breaking the law. Yes Boris wanted to trust people to act responsible and follow the advice which clearly will not work for some. Just because other health advice is ignored by some, like your example of smoking, it should not give a licence for all to ignore all advice.

Fortunately many are following the advice to protect their own safety and that of others that is why the plane was more than half empty is the point I was making.

Derek

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2021, 18:42. »
But Derek when I come back from Spain I’m going to be in quarantine for 10 days and will have had 3 tests in 11 days before I come out  and I’m fully vaccinated I will probably be safer than the person who walked round Tescos

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2021, 18:45. »
You've got me thinking about the temperature check. I'm now not sure if there was one or not as it was always automatic as you walked through.
Strange your plane was 30% full while mine was 80%. Perhaps living in Birmingham we needed a holiday more than your lot.
Spurs it's now up to you to answer the temperature check question when you arrive.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2021, 18:52. »
I was told when the airport opened that the funny tubes with the automatic doors at the bottom of the escalator after passports that you go through to get to baggage reclaim are temperature booths . Not 100% certain but can’t see what other use they could be

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2021, 19:02. »
After the locator form check there used to be a person sitting at a desk on the right hand side with a tv monitor in front of them with a high level camera/scanner. I thought that's where it was.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2021, 19:11. »
Apparantly a third of people taking a holiday in an amber desination will not be quarantining on return......if that's true I can see us quickly going to an Red and Green system.
The only problem with common sense is that its not that common.

Regards all

John

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/trips-and-breaks/third-brits-planning-amber-list-20710769
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2021, 19:15. »
Apparantly a third of people taking a holiday in an amber desination will not be quarantining on return......if that's true I can see us quickly going to an Red and Green system.
The only problem with common sense is that its not that common.

Regards all

John

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/trips-and-breaks/third-brits-planning-amber-list-20710769

No excuses for that John . I for one will follow the rules . I have heard of recent cases of people who call themselves covid wardens knocking on doors to check .

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2021, 20:16. »
Derek, I really don't know where the other 70% were, maybe if you glance over your shoulder they are behind the sofa with you. For my part as my house is just sold and the buyer is keen to move in I thought it good manners to come and empty my belongings.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2021, 09:25. »
Derek, I really don't know where the other 70% were, maybe if you glance over your shoulder they are behind the sofa with you. For my part as my house is just sold and the buyer is keen to move in I thought it good manners to come and empty my belongings.

Oh that made me chuckle, I do agree the law/ advice abiding majority in the uk have had enough, the minority will keep undermining the good work indefinitely in my opinion. The current shower clearly can’t run a bath so common sense has to prevail. A lot of my family live in Australia and they returned to normal months ago, vaccinations going well, good leadership and all the country on the same page.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2021, 10:38. »

Oh that made me chuckle, I do agree the law/ advice abiding majority in the uk have had enough, the minority will keep undermining the good work indefinitely in my opinion. The current shower clearly can’t run a bath so common sense has to prevail. A lot of my family live in Australia and they returned to normal months ago, vaccinations going well, good leadership and all the country on the same page.

There is the answer Wilson get a visa and join them job done.

Derek