Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13627 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 21:46. »
This is off gov.uk

Type of test
You must make sure that the test provider you choose can meet the standards for pre-departure testing.

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
It’s your responsibility to ensure the test meets the minimum standards for sensitivity, specificity and viral load details. You must check with your test provider that it meets those standards.

You may not be able to travel if the test does not meet these standards. It’s your responsibility to ensure you get the right test that meets the above requirements.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 10:38. »
Cheers Spurs, I had read that but I'm sure something further down gave me pause for thought.

Just had a email from Centauro; "One does not require an international driver's license while having a UK driver's permit in Spain. You will not be needing one". Good news but as I've got one it's going with me.

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 12:11. »
Cheers Spurs, I had read that but I'm sure something further down gave me pause for thought.

Just had a email from Centauro; "One does not require an international driver's license while having a UK driver's permit in Spain. You will not be needing one". Good news but as I've got one it's going with me.

Dave

Amazing they E Mailed me last week to tell me I did need one . Sounds like they don’t know themselves , Gold car  E Mailed that I did as well . Hopefully I will find out next week

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2021, 22:48. »
I flew into Alicante airport today on the Ryanair flight. In Birmingham Ryanair checked my passport and boarding pass as usual. The plane was 80% full. All the priority boarding went through first and the few who tried it on were thrown out the queue at the gate and made to wait with the rest of us. They did not check the size of our walk on luggage.
When we landed we were shepherded to the arrivals hall. Anyone with Residencia was told to use the automatic turnstiles while the rest of us had to queue for the passport booths. There were two booths of two officers each who checked and stamped the passports. We then went through the QR check for our locator forms and then a walk-through temperature check. Anyone who didn't have a digital locator form was turned back and given a paper one to fill in.
It took about 10 minutes from entering the building to walking out the other end. The Spanish seem to have the whole thing well under control.
Hope that helps Spurs.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2021, 23:07. »
Cheers B&W. All good news, I'm looking forward to Monday.

I find it hard to believe anyone would go without the locator form but there's one born every minute I suppose. I often wonder how these people get through life.

Enjoy your holiday

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2021, 08:43. »
I remember filling in the UK locator form for our return to the UK last October, did it on our mobile phones on our solarium a challenging experience seemed to go on for ever and there were ambiguous questions, a miracle we got it right, the Spanish one we filled in going out wanted our UK address but couldn't understand our address format of house number and road name, in the end I put a flat number in front of the house number and it accepted it.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2021, 10:12. »
Cheers BW I’m off Tuesday

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2021, 11:26. »
Good feedback.

Was your negative PCR checked or was that embedded into your digital location form ?

I flew into Alicante airport today on the Ryanair flight. In Birmingham Ryanair checked my passport and boarding pass as usual. The plane was 80% full. All the priority boarding went through first and the few who tried it on were thrown out the queue at the gate and made to wait with the rest of us. They did not check the size of our walk on luggage.
When we landed we were shepherded to the arrivals hall. Anyone with Residencia was told to use the automatic turnstiles while the rest of us had to queue for the passport booths. There were two booths of two officers each who checked and stamped the passports. We then went through the QR check for our locator forms and then a walk-through temperature check. Anyone who didn't have a digital locator form was turned back and given a paper one to fill in.
It took about 10 minutes from entering the building to walking out the other end. The Spanish seem to have the whole thing well under control.
Hope that helps Spurs.
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2021, 12:34. »
Beach life  you don’t need a test to enter Spain

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2021, 14:03. »
I not keeping up clearly.

Its the return to UK you need to log the future day 2 day 8 tests etc
BeachLife

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Spanish border
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2021, 14:24. »
Hope that helps Spurs.

Useful info B&W, one question if I may, was there a separate channel for those with EU passports? ( thinking Irish here )
Mike and Jane Hopper

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2021, 16:36. »
Sorry Aficionado I didn't notice as everyone appeared to be either from Spain or UK.

Offline NickiH

Spanish border
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2021, 17:43. »
As part of the prep for trip I have been researching the test we are req to take in Spain before coming back . The government website says an antigen test is ok not a full PCR test I’ve booked mine via E Mail at the life resort up on Altimar  2 cost is €40 needs to be booked by E Mail info.salvumclinic@gmail.com ,they will want a photo of your passport.

For Day 2 and day 8 tests in UK again this must be prebooked and the booking ref number put into you uk government entry form before you come back I’m using https://www.testingforall.org/ £99 for the 2 tests posted out to you and you post them back £99 is the cheapest I have found these anywhere

Thank you this is brilliant information will do the same when we return to the UK end of June

Hope this helps anyone planning a trip

Offline NickiH

Spanish border
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2021, 17:44. »
The Carta de Invitacion is a procedure used by the Spanish authorities to control the arrival into Spain of non EU nationals coming to stay with friends/relatives i.e. not in approved tourist accommodation. It can only be applied for by Spanish residents and once obtained must be sent to the intending visitor(s) so that they can present it at the border control. It is not, therefore, applicable to holiday home owners travelling out to their properties in person. Taking proof of home ownership would be advisable but it remains to be seen how aggressive or otherwise the border controls will be on all of this, DaveG and Spurs will be able to update us on that next week.
Thank you that’s great

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2021, 20:27. »
As I said earlier it was passports, locator form and temperature check only last Friday. I had the deeds of the house with me but was never asked for them.
I've also booked my 2 and 8 day test using the link Spurs posted, £99 + £5 tracked delivery.