Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9809 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2021, 15:47. »
Funny you mention the domestic discussions John I had the same one this morning , I suggested we go Monday opps bit of an error there!!!  Light blue touch paper and stand back . Net result I was obviously wrong and we are now in a thinking about maybe June holding patten lol

Never mind always next yearv

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2021, 16:00. »

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2021, 18:20. »
It's now confirmed on the Spanish Government website. See you Friday. :-)

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/es/COVID19-UK/Paginas/Requisitos-de-entrada-en-Espa%C3%B1a.aspx
All confirmed on N332 Facebook page , UK residents can enter from Monday without vaccinations or negative tests 😀still on amber list with UK but hopefully change next review

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2021, 18:27. »
Got to say that if Spain wants us Brits they should insist that anyone entering Spain has has been vaccinated, throwing their border open to all without some minimum requirement is likely to spook Boris into making Spain a red alert country, that way no one will go full stop.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2021, 19:05. »
Got to say that if Spain wants us Brits they should insist that anyone entering Spain has has been vaccinated, throwing their border open to all without some minimum requirement is likely to spook Boris into making Spain a red alert country, that way no one will go full stop.
Well if they insist on that they will only get a bunch of old people as they’re the only ones fully vaccinated & it discriminates against families and most of population who are likely to visit in summer

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2021, 21:36. »
Must admit I’m surprised they are letting people in with no checks .i thought the deal was going to be you could come in with a vaccine passport or if not a negative test within the last 72 hours . Hope this is not a step to far for Spain but it does seem like money before safety
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 21:48. by Spurs »

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2021, 09:09. »
Must admit I’m surprised they are letting people in with no checks .i thought the deal was going to be you could come in with a vaccine passport or if not a negative test within the last 72 hours . Hope this is not a step to far for Spain but it does seem like money before safety
Do have to agree either should be fully vaccinated or a negative test. Boris could easily start putting Spain on the red list because of this. Also won’t the airlines insist on some test ?  That’s the only downside sitting on a plane with people who haven’t been tested or vaccinated. I’ll be wearing 2 masks 😂 for the flight in two weeks time

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2021, 09:28. »
Last night I booked my return flight ALC - BHX for 24.99 euros with Ryanair. They offered the choice to pay in euros or at their guaranteed exchange rate of £22.92. I checked my Zero credit card (no exchange fees) this morning and it cost me £21.57.

Not a big difference on 25 euros but worth bearing in mind if you're spending a lot.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2021, 09:49. »
Last night I booked my return flight ALC - BHX for 24.99 euros with Ryanair. They offered the choice to pay in euros or at their guaranteed exchange rate of £22.92. I checked my Zero credit card (no exchange fees) this morning and it cost me £21.57.

Not a big difference on 25 euros but worth bearing in mind if you're spending a lot.

This is why the fares are so cheap. Taken off the UK Government website this morning.

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

So there we have it. The UK advice is don't travel for holidays to Spain yet this advice doesn't seem to cut any ice. It is no wonder that they need to enact a law to control travel if their citizens cannot act responsibly.

I assume travel insurance will be void if one travels against the Governments advice.

Derek

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2021, 10:04. »
As a resident here in GA I was also surprised that Spain have opened the borders with no tests or vaccinations required at all, it was only during the last couple of weeks that internal borders have opened and we have been allowed to travel to different areas of Spain. Valencia has done extremely well and has a lower rate of infection than a lot of other places, Elche hospital just this week announced that they now have zero cases of covid, but is also an area with a big reliance on tourism and a lot of places are struggling.  This decision is one born out of economic necessity I believe, and as we are just now vaccinating the fifties age group, there is still a bit of catching up to do..  for those who can travel its still the UK rules that will be the decider,  as unless they change there still wont be many families coming due to the added costs of tests and the quarantine, and i agree with John on the timing for travelling while the situation is really good here in the Valencian regions, because if we do get a big influx, it will be very interesting to see what happens next.
Also be aware that at the moment, we still have a curfew from midnight to 6am, when you have to be in your own homes bars close at 11.30, and masks are worn everywhere, even outside when walking around in the heat (something we are hoping will change but its not up to us). Hazel

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2021, 10:23. »
Chris and Jackie, I'm not old I'm only 65 !😀

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2021, 10:45. »
Chris and Jackie, I'm not old I'm only 65 !😀

Age is a mind set thing. Leave the getting old bit to others.

Derek

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2021, 11:00. »

This is why the fares are so cheap. Taken off the UK Government website this morning.

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

So there we have it. The UK advice is don't travel for holidays to Spain yet this advice doesn't seem to cut any ice. It is no wonder that they need to enact a law to control travel if their citizens cannot act responsibly.

I assume travel insurance will be void if one travels against the Governments advice.

Derek

I've checked with my travel insurer - I am covered for Covid related illness but not Covid related travel disruption. Something to do with the FO wording on the "advice"

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2021, 11:57. »
I would get that in writing see here;

How does an FCDO warning affect my travel insurance?
It is important to be aware that if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office warns against all travel or all but essential travel to your holiday destination before you get there, you will not covered by your travel insurance, which means that any claims you make will not be paid, if you choose to travel against their advice.

This is because travel insurance is designed to provide protection against unexpected and unforeseen risks and travelling to a country or area that the FCDO has advised against going to because it is dangerous, is a very different risk from taking a holiday in a country that is considered to be generally safe.

If the FCDO issues a warning whilst you are in an affected region you will be covered as normal under the medical and personal accident sections of your travel insurance policy, so long as you follow the latest FCDO advice for British nationals already in the area.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Vaccinations
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2021, 12:42. »
Staysure, for one, would appear to have a bolt on for this, provided you have been vaccinated.

https://www.staysure.co.uk/fco-advice-travel-insurance/

Mike and Jane Hopper