Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9788 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2021, 21:40. »
Just to set the record straight.
I have a flight booked for Friday which cost £33.00. I could have moved it for free up to 7 days ago but now have to pay £35 to move it + any cost differece. In view of the rumours abounding last week (and early this) I decided to risk it in case the travel situation changed by tomorrow, which it hasn't. Wednesday realistically was the last sensible date for an £80 PCR test so I decided that I won't be going and so have lost the flight.
I checked in out of interest to see if the system has changed which is why I was able to post about the process above.
Bar a miracle I'll be watching our last Premiership match at home in a very wet Birmingham.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2021, 21:55. »
Won’t they refund or move your flight again ?

God I’m getting fed up with this system I can’t see looking at numbers why we can’t be admitted into Spain, must be playing havoc with their economy , doubt there will be anywhere open if this carries on

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2021, 22:29. »

“ God I’m getting fed up with this system I can’t see looking at numbers why we can’t be admitted into Spain “

Because according to Derek, the death rate in Spain is 1685% than the U.K.   ;)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2021, 22:35. »
Because they are playing political games.

Because the UK has them on the Amber rather than green which Portugal are on.

Self harm by a leftie Government me thinks.

Might even be sour grapes over Brexit but I am sure that it is not because of Coronavirus protection.

Derek

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2021, 22:45. »
I do hope Spain will allow UK entry very soon (may be tomorrow) but that's still up in the air because there is still a lot of post Brexit politics going on behind the scenes and BJ wants us to spend our savings in the UK.

The EU are now starting to talk about reciprocity; we'll let you in if you let us in on the same terms. The problem with that is that Spanish citizens entering the UK have to follow the same rules as returning UK citizens; negative tests and quarantine.

The more different sources of news you read the more confusing it gets and now there's the issues around the Carte de Invitation and overly zealous border control.

If the Spanish agree not to rattle the Gibraltar sabre whilst BJ is PM perhaps they'll get a green light.

I find this site good for info www.schengenvisainfo.com

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2021, 11:25. »
Well it would appear that Spain is now going to let those from the U.K. in from Monday 24th, without even so much as a PCR test.

So the only thing stopping travel will be what the U.K. government insists upon in terms of reason for travel and testing/quarantine requirements upon return.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:26. by Pewster »

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2021, 11:41. »
Some good news read in El Pais this morning.

"The Spanish government has opted to add the United Kingdom and Japan to the list of countries whose residents will not be subject to coronavirus restrictions when traveling to Spain. That’s according to an order that was published today in the Official State Gazette (BOE), which justifies the decision arguing that Spain usually receives a large number of visitors from the United Kingdom, “meaning that many economic sectors need to adapt their capacities in advance to the changes that will take place at the borders.”

The order will come into force on Monday, May 24, and will mean that the UK and Japan will no longer be subject to the temporary restrictions on non-essential travel to the European Union via external borders. The order makes reference to the fact that the European Council is currently engaged in a debate to lift the restrictions for the same countries across the entire bloc, something that is likely to happen soon. It was not immediately clear on Friday as to whether negative PCR tests will still be required for travelers arriving from the UK and Japan from Monday."
BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2021, 12:26. »
Flights atm £29 BHX-ALC for the 28th May. It'll be interesting to see if they go up to £300+ and then sell out as they have before or whether they will stay cheap due to lack of public confidence.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2021, 13:13. »
I see that Spain are allowing entry to Japanese citizens, is that the same Japan that has vaccinated just 4.1% of its population?
The same Japan that's currently in a fourth wave and has large parts of the country under lockdown?

If you want to go to your home in Spain I'd get there while you can....before the next lockdown.

To all of those going, stay safe, I hope your houses are OK, have a good time.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 13:14. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Peter D

Vaccinations
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2021, 13:23. »
Am I correct in saying that as from Monday24thMay ,if you have had the two jabs you will not need a negative year to enter Spain?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2021, 13:26. »
https://mol.im/a/9603825
.I would have thought Spain would at least insist that visitors at least are fully vaccinated.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2021, 13:38. »
Hi Kevin, hope all's well.

I agree Kevin, I think they have gone too far too quickly, hence my comment get there while you can, the next lockdown is inevitable.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2021, 13:51. »
It's a step too far John to abandon all restrictions.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2021, 15:03. »
Hi Kevin, hope all's well.

I agree Kevin, I think they have gone too far too quickly, hence my comment get there while you can, the next lockdown is inevitable.

Regards all

John
Whilst I do agree with you ,the stark reality over one year on is that the global situation is now the worst it’s been thus far. There is very little real agreement between countries with just empty words. Most countries have a selfish agenda with little scientific logic applied as always it’s all about the money with health coming a poor second. Common sense tells me to stay in the UK this year, but I did that last year and it achieved nothing, therefore common sense falls by the wayside and I’m flying out next week, as my actions amongst the rest has no significance.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2021, 15:19. »
If we still had the place in Spain I can imagine that there'd be an almighty barny between Mrs H and myself...I'd want to go out to make sure the place was OK, Mrs H would be dead against it....I wonder if many forum members are having similar domestics!!
Some friends have a glorious place in the campo a few miles inland, their last visit in September they found their lovely home infested with rats....they are dreading what they will find on their next visit.
As for us, three holidays out of four cancelled last year...this Summer we are sticking to the UK for the first time in about 20 years, the thought of airports and sat in an aircraft would be too stressful for Mrs H and I wouldn't feel comfortable.
Fingers crossed for 2022.

Regards all

John