Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2021, 23:17. »
Again, as per my previous posts, not trying to suggest any one countries policy is better than the other.

Interesting to note today however, that the experts are looking to close the gap between first and second jabs for the 50 plus age group down from 12 to 8 weeks in the U.K. based on data now gathered from the Indian variants spread.

I do personally feel that the gap was extended in haste in the U.K. from the initially advised three to four week gap to ensure a greater rollout percentage and speed of first jabs, understandably perhaps given the overall spread and mortality total at the time.

The U.K. now has 70% of the population with one dose, and 40% of the population with two doses, yet at the same time has one of the most restrictive travel policies.

Personally, as I’ve previously stated, I suspect there’s more economics involved in terms of keeping the money in the country now, than there is genuine need for the benefits of health and the welfare of the NHS.

God knows why you think the timing was wrong in the UK surely they have not saved too many lives. Just look at the figures and they speak for themselves. Highest death rate back in January to now the lowest in Europe. Yes the UK government got it wrong can I ask why you think that is the case.

Derek

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2021, 23:55. »
I’m with you Derek I think the UK got it spot on the reason for reducing from 12 to 8 weeks are two fold firstly they were taking a precaution against the India variant and secondly they now have a flow of vaccines and the capacity at vaccination centres to do it. I’m off for 2nd jab tomorrow at a mass vaccine centre run mainly by Army personal. When we had the first one done it was amazing to see just how well the army had it organised, about 30 stations to do jab all the time the queue was distanced and continuing to move . We were in and out in 12 minutes and that included a 150m walk from reception to vaccine area and back . Apparently it has capacity for 5000 to 8000 a day and as the army guy said to us double that if they move to nights as well

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2021, 08:55. »
Latest figures this morning show that after adjusting for the size of population the the death rate from Coronavirus is Spain is 1685% higher than the UK. (7 day average).

I doubt if a trip to GA is currently worth the effort and cost. Whilst it is legal to travel to Spain from the UK we are being told not to holiday there. I expect one persons view of why they must travel would vary from another's. I might think it is essential to weed the garden where another might not consider this so.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2021, 09:43. »
There are currently 6 flights a day flying from the UK in Alicante so clearly some people including myself feel the need to travel to GA. Despite the scare tactics of no TIE no entry the few that have been refused entry are minuscule compared to the thousands who enter every week.
With regard to necessity on travel, if your retired and have spent the last year on your sun lounger tending your geraniums, or your being paid by the taxpayer to stay at home, or just working from home then what’s the rush, if like some of us you’ve spent the last year working every day on the front line then maybe your outlook is different.
And I for one will be flying back out next week.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 09:47. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2021, 12:41. »
Wilson

.You are not the only one that does a days work but you appear to consider yourself an hero for having a job.

You continually call those in power names from your declared non political stance. You criticize  that lack of direction yet when the Government say act responsible and don't holiday in certain countries it is a up you response.

How come you get so much time off to defy Government advice if you are as you claim working so hard. At least in such a well paid job you can presumable afford to travel for your essential reasons.

I expect a few of the pensioners you refer to may also have done a days work in their life but this one follows the safety advice and unlike some put my faith and trust in the experts rather than to class them all as misguided.

Derek

Ps Incidentally the Tax Payer does not keep me or many other retired members of this forum. I consider your comments to be an insult to those that have retired after working all their life and as you contributed to the system, I like others still pay a considerable amount in tax each year but do not object as your wages and others need to be paid.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 13:53. by Derek »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2021, 16:12. »
Wilson

.You are not the only one that does a days work but you appear to consider yourself an hero for having a job.

You continually call those in power names from your declared non political stance. You criticize  that lack of direction yet when the Government say act responsible and don't holiday in certain countries it is a up you response.

How come you get so much time off to defy Government advice if you are as you claim working so hard. At least in such a well paid job you can presumable afford to travel for your essential reasons.

I expect a few of the pensioners you refer to may also have done a days work in their life but this one follows the safety advice and unlike some put my faith and trust in the experts rather than to class them all as misguided.

Derek

Ps Incidentally the Tax Payer does not keep me or many other retired members of this forum. I consider your comments to be an insult to those that have retired after working all their life and as you contributed to the system, I like others still pay a considerable amount in tax each year but do not object as your wages and others need to be paid.

Derek as always you make every post you don’t agree with all about you, many assumptions are also made with most not even near reality. My point was to illustrate that some of us need a vacation after a crappy year whilst some might like a holiday but aren’t that fussed. The reference to taxpayer funding was in relation to the 9 million people who were being paid up to £2500 a month to sit at home for the past year. Whilst I don’t blame them I know people who consider the past year a bit of a jolly.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 18:35. »
I've just checked in for tomorrow's flight and Ryanair are giving a link for the current requirements to enter Spain dated 14.05.21). The Gov.UK site also says you may also need to show a return ticket, sufficient funds for your stay and proof of accomodation at border control (updated today).
I've also had to sign everything in triplicate in blood to absolve Ryanair of any blame (and costs) if I'm not let in.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/es/COVID19-UK/Paginas/Requisitos-de-entrada-en-Espa%C3%B1a.aspx

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Vaccinations
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2021, 18:41. »
and proof of accomodation at border control (updated today).

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/es/COVID19-UK/Paginas/Requisitos-de-entrada-en-Espa%C3%B1a.aspx

This bit is interesting, what would you need to carry if travelling to your own property? A copy of the Escritura perhaps??
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2021, 19:30. »
I will be taking the deeds to our house in GA

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2021, 19:47. »
Wilson

Derek

Derek as always you make every post you don’t agree with all about you, many assumptions are also made with most not even near reality. My point was to illustrate that some of us need a vacation after a crappy year whilst some might like a holiday but aren’t that fussed. The reference to taxpayer funding was in relation to the 9 million people who were being paid up to £2500 a month to sit at home for the past year. Whilst I don’t blame them I know people who consider the past year a bit of a jolly.

As always, Derek and Wilson, you both seem to have a unnerving knack of the ability to turn any discussion into a competition of right or wrong with an underlying political view. Sometimes listening to others experiences and opinions with an open mind rather than a automatic assumption that you are always right can prove to be quite educational.

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2021, 19:55. »
I've just checked in for tomorrow's flight and Ryanair are giving a link for the current requirements to enter Spain dated 14.05.21). The Gov.UK site also says you may also need to show a return ticket, sufficient funds for your stay and proof of accomodation at border control (updated today).
I've also had to sign everything in triplicate in blood to absolve Ryanair of any blame (and costs) if I'm not let in.

I wish you luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2021, 20:28. »
Wilson

Derek

As always, Derek and Wilson, you both seem to have a unnerving knack of the ability to turn any discussion into a competition of right or wrong with an underlying political view. Sometimes listening to others experiences and opinions with an open mind rather than a automatic assumption that you are always right can prove to be quite educational.
Sadly there have been no experiences of travel to GA except mine shared in many months. Out of over 700 forum members only 10 actually post anything so opinions are also quite rare. I have posted many times positively regarding vaccinations, the nhs app which thousands have read and hopefully thought well done Wilson I didn’t know that. Forums are about sharing opinions both good and bad and I believe the current government and all the opposing parties are a complete shower and couldn’t run a bath let alone a country facing a pandemic.

Offline TRIDENT

Vaccinations
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2021, 20:36. »
I served an apprenticeship for 5 years as a mechanical/electrical engineer. I worked for a bus company for 38 years and was a member of the transport union.   Do i qualify as a transport worker ?????   No 4 on the list.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2021, 21:00. »

Just read through the attachment and I still can’t see any way you will get in without a residence visa ? Have you got one or are you going to try and wing it. Good luck let us know how you get on

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2021, 21:23. »
Spurs you beat me to it.

Good luck BL.