Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9477 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2021, 06:08. »
It's definitely been the right way to go getting as many first jabs in rather than concentrating on getting two jabs in close together, the first jab has drastically driven down infection, I saw a report the other day that it's even beneficial to have a long interval between jabs as this gives a better immune response. We've got it right in the UK.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2021, 08:23. »
I think as a country the UK has long been a world leader in science with some outstanding experts, this and the nhs has what’s gotten us to this excellent position. The experts must sadly fight a constant battle with Laurel and Hardy whose real agenda will undoubtably become clear in the years ahead. How they stand there at the podium taking the credit and ducking anything a bit smelly beggars belief.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2021, 09:41. »
I think as a country the UK has long been a world leader in science with some outstanding experts, this and the nhs has what’s gotten us to this excellent position. The experts must sadly fight a constant battle with Laurel and Hardy whose real agenda will undoubtably become clear in the years ahead. How they stand there at the podium taking the credit and ducking anything a bit smelly beggars belief.

Wison I don't think it adds much to the value of the topic to constantly try to score political points. I am sure no one could run the show as well as you.

Derek
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:52. by Derek »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2021, 10:18. »

Wison I don't think it adds much to the value of the topic to constantly try to score political points. I am sure no one could run the show as well as you.

Derek I’m actually non political, whilst I always vote I decide on the day where to put my X. Over the years I’ve voted for every party, my vote is based on what the candidate if local or party if national has done and will do to make this country better. I therefore score no points just outlay the facts or my opinion as I see it, unlike others who defend the current shower who govern us and the useless opposition who chant the same anti Tory hymn sheet. And no I couldn’t run the country which ironically puts me in the same leaky lifeboat as Basil.
Derek
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:20. by wilson »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 10:52. »
This morning I've logged into my NHS app and there is a short process to get your Vaccination passport, it's possible to download and print and carries a QR scannable code.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2021, 13:23. »
My downloaded copy says 'Expires 20 June 2021'.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2021, 13:47. »
Mine says  20th June 2021 so does the wife’s as well I reckon they all do

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2021, 16:56. »
Didn't notice that, I wonder if you download again in a month it will have a later expiry date

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2021, 17:43. »
I spoke with someone who should know and the certificate has a 4 week duration. you can get a new one as and when needed, apparently to prevent fraud and I guess any longer duration might lessen its credibility if say it was 6 months old. For the cost of the paper and ink I would prefer a nice shiny new one each journey.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 09:14. »
Is it "belt and braces" to take a paper copy or will the QR code on the App be ok ?

Happy to say both Mrs and I have h eNHS app working fine now showing both our jabs
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2021, 10:24. »
I’m going with paper and QR code as well I think. Not yet though as Spain still haven’t opened the door , I think a lot of their bar and restaurant owner will be looking enviously over the border at Portugal.
There were issues yesterday at Alicante airport with the strictest of rules I place , ie no TIE no entry. Loads who had completed applications etc all sent back , no exceptions. 

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 10:46. »
Looking at this weeks events I fear this years “normal” travel could be a disaster for many. The processes put in place so far are already being undermined, border force estimate over 100 fake pcr tests are being presented every day at arrivals, translation and interpretation of some documents is a challenge. I did read on an EU site that only English Spanish and french would be allowed. Questions being asked why there are still 4 passenger flights arriving from India every day all apparently essential travel. The whole system is dysfunctional and a recipe for continued chaos throughout the year. As my Nan used to say the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Offline NickiH

Vaccinations
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2021, 15:10. »
I’m going with paper and QR code as well I think. Not yet though as Spain still haven’t opened the door , I think a lot of their bar and restaurant owner will be looking enviously over the border at Portugal.
There were issues yesterday at Alicante airport with the strictest of rules I place , ie no TIE no entry. Loads who had completed applications etc all sent back , no exceptions.
The app should be fine by itself unless phone battery wears down. That’s all I’ll be taking when we go in just over two weeks.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2021, 16:34. »
The app should be fine by itself unless phone battery wears down. That’s all I’ll be taking when we go in just over two weeks.

Have you got a TIE card etc or are you hoping like I am that they open the border to UK by then ?

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2021, 22:11. »
Again, as per my previous posts, not trying to suggest any one countries policy is better than the other.

Interesting to note today however, that the experts are looking to close the gap between first and second jabs for the 50 plus age group down from 12 to 8 weeks in the U.K. based on data now gathered from the Indian variants spread.

I do personally feel that the gap was extended in haste in the U.K. from the initially advised three to four week gap to ensure a greater rollout percentage and speed of first jabs, understandably perhaps given the overall spread and mortality total at the time.

The U.K. now has 70% of the population with one dose, and 40% of the population with two doses, yet at the same time has one of the most restrictive travel policies.

Personally, as I’ve previously stated, I suspect there’s more economics involved in terms of keeping the money in the country now, than there is genuine need for the benefits of health and the welfare of the NHS.