Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9472 times)

Offline NickiH

Vaccinations
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2021, 07:43. »
Seems to be no pattern. I had Pfizer for both and no reaction to either. My husband had AZ and a mild reaction to first and nothing on the second. My sister was really bad on first one AZ shakes chills and headache for 48 hours and nothing on second one. The nurse at the GP practice said the ones who react badly have had Covid and may not have known it 🤷‍♀️ Not sure if that’s true

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 10:57. »
Interesting the things you hear about reactions to vaccines so far I’ve heard

1 if you don’t have a reaction your one of the few the vaccine won’t work on
2 if you don’t have a reaction you’ve already had it
3 if you don’t have a reaction it means you are a carrier with no symptoms
4 if you don’t have a reaction you couldn’t have caught it
5 I have even heard that if you don’t have a reaction it’s because your one of the people they are secretly giving something else to so they measure the vaccines performance against no vaccine

I suspect all of them are true LOL

Offline George Allen

Vaccinations PAB Sports Centre Santa Pola.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 19:35. »
I have my second jab here on the 25th May.
Does anyone know of someone who has a jab there before this date? If so what date.
I need to know when it is open to change my wife’s appointment date for 2nd June. Can’t get any sense out the phone contact or the medical centre.
Thanks

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 11:16. »
As slow as the roll out here is, what I do find encouraging is how quickly the second jabs are being administered.

I finally got my first jab date yesterday for this coming Tuesday, got the second date and time for three weeks later.

Ironically, there’s a number of friends back in the U.K. who were telling me recently how they’d had their first jabs some time ago and singing the praises of the U.K. roll out whilst telling me I should have stayed there, who will still be waiting for their second once I’m completed.

Let’s hope that the extended gap between U.K. jabs doesn’t prove to be a mistake in weakening its effectiveness.

But it’s interesting to read that there are already a number of hospitalisations in the U.K. amongst those who’ve only had one jab and have contracted the Indian variant.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 11:46. »
As slow as the roll out here is, what I do find encouraging is how quickly the second jabs are being administered.

I finally got my first jab date yesterday for this coming Tuesday, got the second date and time for three weeks later.

Ironically, there’s a number of friends back in the U.K. who were telling me recently how they’d had their first jabs some time ago and singing the praises of the U.K. roll out whilst telling me I should have stayed there, who will still be waiting for their second once I’m completed.

Let’s hope that the extended gap between U.K. jabs doesn’t prove to be a mistake in weakening its effectiveness.

But it’s interesting to read that there are already a number of hospitalisations in the U.K. amongst those who’ve only had one jab and have contracted the Indian variant.

Based on facts this is the current situation. Average death rate last 7 days Spain 107 UK 10. When you consider the population of the UK is almost 50% larger than Spain what you have suggested re mistake is rubbish. 7X107 = 749 x150% = 1123 compares with 7 X 10 = 70. Therefore the UK stupid policy has saved only 1053 lives in one week shame on them!

New cases in Spain daily average last 7 days was 7,380 and UK 2,252. Anyone else think the UK has got it wrong. Adjust Spain's for the smaller population and they have 391% more new cases than the UK.

Derek
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 11:57. by Derek »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 12:22. »
When I came over last summer all my expat friends were saying, 'Boris is crap, Britain doesn't know what it's doing, you should have had a twelve week lockdown like we did over here, aren't we clever? etc. Lo and behold move forward twelve months (almost) and as Derek says Spain's figures are a lot worse than the UK. I'm looking forward to reminding them of what they said and waiting for the ' that's not what I meant' excuses to start flowing.

Our vaccine program generally and also the way we've jumped into action now with the new variants shows that it is one of the best in Europe. Whie other countries have flip-flopped over AZ, Pilzer and other vaccines we have quietly got on with it. Of course Labour are now with hindsight saying we should have recognised the problem earlier but I'm just waiting for them to start saying in January they told everyone that Leicester would win the FA Cup.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 15:33. »
My 91 year old father in law and 85 year old mother in law both had absolutely zero side effects, I suspect that the vaccine hasn't worked for them, apparently your immune system weakens as you age. I've reacted badly to both Pfizer jabs, felt awful for days, I had a reaction set in three hours after the second jab, had horrible flu like symptoms after last year's super flu jab so at 65 I reckon my immune system is still up and at 'em.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 16:03. »
Your spot on Derek. The British rollout of the vaccines has been outstanding and world-class. I think the UK has got it right on this one. I have just had my second jab (59yo) and my son has had his first and he is 32 yo.

I don't know if any of you watch Dr John Campbell on youtube. I have followed him from day one and always use's the data - often the news isn't great, but what is now emerging is that the Indian strain gives mostly asymptomatic or very mild cold-like symptoms in people who have been vaccinated. The increase in hospitalizations particularly in the Bradford area is amongst specific groups of  people who have chosen not to partake in the vaccination program (for some reason)

I have had a few interactions with TIE holders who feel the "Spanish Way" has been right ... everyone has an opinion but the facts speak for themselves

Based on facts this is the current situation. Average death rate last 7 days Spain 107 UK 10. When you consider the population of the UK is almost 50% larger than Spain what you have suggested re mistake is rubbish. 7X107 = 749 x150% = 1123 compares with 7 X 10 = 70. Therefore the UK stupid policy has saved only 1053 lives in one week shame on them!

New cases in Spain daily average last 7 days was 7,380 and UK 2,252. Anyone else think the UK has got it wrong. Adjust Spain's for the smaller population and they have 391% more new cases than the UK.

Derek
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 16:44. »
What’s really hacking me off is that within the UK there has been from day one an element of society for many different reasons that have done their level best to undermine every positive step forward. I saw that clown Burnham on the news demanding more money more vaccines, more resources, bleating that there should be no more lockdowns in the north west. What he won’t answer is why after being in a nearly constant restricted lockdown for best part of a year its still a shambles, what is the issue with these people just why can’t they do what’s needed for the good of the country. Gumidge at the big house needs to get tough with these areas otherwise we’re going to be on this carousel for years.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2021, 17:41. »
What’s really hacking me off is that within the UK there has been from day one an element of society for many different reasons that have done their level best to undermine every positive step forward. I saw that clown Burnham on the news demanding more money more vaccines, more resources, bleating that there should be no more lockdowns in the north west. What he won’t answer is why after being in a nearly constant restricted lockdown for best part of a year its still a shambles, what is the issue with these people just why can’t they do what’s needed for the good of the country. Gumidge at the big house needs to get tough with these areas otherwise we’re going to be on this carousel for years.

Here we have it another politician that is a clown and a Labour one at that. What is a Shambles Wilson?  Surely not the fact that deaths, due to covid, have reduced to an average of just ten a day in the UK.

I wish I could refer to others as clowns but it might come as a complete surprise that I don't consider myself that clever. Captain Hindsight can indeed look back and take the credit for the bits that went right and then after the event pass comment that all that went wrong was because of the action taken against his advice. (the thing is if you sit on a fence you can chose to fall on the winning side)

How I wish I was as bright as those running the show and then I might have made a few bob during my life and obtained the odd roll of wallpaper for free.

I suppose in a democracy Wilson if the voters do not want a circus act (clowns) running the show they vote accordingly which is exactly what happen recently. I think Andy Burnham was elected as Mayor which I suppose shows that those in his area like his act.

Derek

Offline Pewster

Vaccinations
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2021, 18:20. »

It doesn’t matter how many times I read my statement I can’t for the life of me see how I’m stating one system is better than the other ?

However, it’s amazing how quickly some people on this forum are so quick to start the chest beating and turn any comment into a political/national success or failure competition.

Personally, I see no issue here other than life or death, and ultimately, the final figures in that respect will never be truly known, as you will never be able to calculate the life’s lost because of covid rather than of covid itself.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2021, 18:27. »
The shambles Derek is that some areas have consistently failed for a year to get there act together, excuses are made like unemployment, low wages, social inequality etc well where I live we’ve got those by the bucketload but my area like the majority of the country has pulled in the right direction. Instead of political flannel blaming Boris and the Tories these mayors and local leaders need to grasp the nettle and get there house in order. As for being re-elected you can see why the local populace like him, take no responsibility and blame everybody else.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2021, 20:51. »
The most interesting thing now is that an American university has done a study on vaccines generally and roll outs around the world

Their conclusions are that the gap between 1st and 2nd doses should be no less than 8 weeks and no more than 14 this is because by vaccinating more people with one dose most lives are saved and as important as well the gap to the second dose provides greater protection
They also concluded that there is no difference between Pfizer AZ or Moderna in cases of blood clots per million doses and that the chances of blood clots are less than paracetamol
They also conclude that the Pfizer is best after one dose but that there is minimal difference between AZ Pfizer and moderna after 2nd dose , and that they are all many times better than the Sputnik or any of the Chinese vaccines .

So I would have to say whether by great judgement or incredible luck the UK has got it right and the numbers coming out daily certainly support that

Unsurprisingly the EU have not taken this advice on board and Merkel and Macron must take some personal responsibility for many deaths after their countries ridiculous political antics over the AZ jab.lets slate AZ for non delivery but throw tens of thousands of doses away in France and Germany because we have slated it so badly we can’t give it away now
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 20:59. by Spurs »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2021, 21:41. »
"So I would have to say whether by great judgement or incredible luck the UK has got it right and the numbers coming out daily certainly support that"

I think that the UK Government were chancers and with a down to earth (feet on the ground) style they played their cards and they won. I fully expect when the review of how they handled the pandemic it will reveal that they acted well throughout with the balancing act of saving lives one on side to the cost on the other.

I would have thought the vast majority like the current style as is reflected in the ballot box.

On a personal note having had the two vaccinations I am under medical investigation for a blood clot which they tell me has nothing to do with the vaccination. A real worry having endured two hospital visits the first did not show the source of the clot and I am now waiting nervously for results of further investigation by the way of a scan. I actually feel 100% and the only initial effects were feeling cold and a little tried after the first jab.

Derek

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2021, 22:04. »
"So I would have to say whether by great judgement or incredible luck the UK has got it right and the numbers coming out daily certainly support that"

I think that the UK Government were chancers and with a down to earth (feet on the ground) style they played their cards and they won. I fully expect when the review of how they handled the pandemic it will reveal that they acted well throughout with the balancing act of saving lives one on side to the cost on the other.

I would have thought the vast majority like the current style as is reflected in the ballot box.

On a personal note having had the two vaccinations I am under medical investigation for a blood clot which they tell me has nothing to do with the vaccination. A real worry having endured two hospital visits the first did not show the source of the clot and I am now waiting nervously for results of further investigation by the way of a scan. I actually feel 100% and the only initial effects were feeling cold and a little tried after the first jab.

Derek
I also think the uk response will come out as pretty good as well
The numbers are favourable compared to the rest of the world when you take out all the anomaly’s
For example for a death to count in official numbers it has to be a death for any reason within 28 days of a positive test.

So far the uk has done just under 2.5 million  tests per 1 million population France 1.2  million tests per 1 million population Spain 1 million tests per 1 million population India has 225000 per 1 million population

So in simple terms if you want to look good in the numbers don’t test. However the total deaths for any reason per 1 million population will tell a very different story