Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Lolabunny

Vaccinations
« on: April 30, 2021, 18:29. »

Hi there, does anyone know where the Centre PAB is in Santa Pola...just had text for an appointment but don’t recognise the centre. Many thanks.

Offline Lolabunny

Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 19:09. »

Eureka!!!! found it. It is the sports centre on the Elche road just out of Santa Pola.. it’s called Pabillon Lara Gonzales.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 19:31. »
What age groups are they down to in SpIn with vaccinations now . In UK we are anyone over 40 now

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 09:11. »
There have been 60 to 65 year olds being done and they are just about to start in the 66 to 69 year olds, but most seventy to 80 year olds have not been jabbed yet because they cant have the astra zeneca jab (astrazeneca was available to ages 60 to 69 but not older so they started on to 60 to 69 before 70s, ) so still a way off being finished in the over 60s and over 70s age groups. Hope thats not too complicated to understand

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 12:11. »
EU has got its self into a mess over the Astra Zeneca vaccine . Spain won’t give it to the older people Germany only gives it to older people .

Yet the facts still say it’s no worse or better on any age range than Pfizer or Moderna and it’s better than Johnson vaccine

And over 25 million have had jab with less than 100 developing major blood clot issues. That’s better than the contraceptive pill and even paracetamol.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Vaccinations
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 13:20. »
EU has got its self into a mess over the Astra Zeneca vaccine . Spain won’t give it to the older people Germany only gives it to older people .

Yet the facts still say it’s no worse or better on any age range than Pfizer or Moderna and it’s better than Johnson vaccine

And over 25 million have had jab with less than 100 developing major blood clot issues. That’s better than the contraceptive pill and even paracetamol.

Spot on - a whole lot of politically motivated fuss over nothing, meanwhile people will die because of it. I have had both my AZ jabs now and happier for it, will take my chances on a clot.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 16:52. »
There's a good article in el pais about it, Spain can't even decide whether those who have had a first AZ vaccine will get the second AZ, a different one or none at all whilst some are already at 12 weeks after first one.
Absolute shambles a bit like most of EU!!

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54. »
Spain are giving it to older people Spurs its now the younger ones that can’t have it, my husband and I are in our sixties and we've both had it, but equally Chris and Jackie are right when they say they don't know what they're doing about the second, we have heard we will be waiting the longer time period like the UK have been doing, and have also heard that this could well be a different vaccine,  we would be happy to have a second astra zeneca

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 11:31. »
Yeah I’ve just read that they are now using it only on 60 -69 year olds and have also extended the 2nd jab timescale to 16 weeks , this is against EU and WHO guidelines .This is probably why you’ve not had 2nd jab . The mixing of vaccines is a very new idea and has not had any large scale trial

Spain has now changed the advice on ages to be given AZ so many times up until 21st April it was only under 60s . Now it only over 60s

I don’t understand why they keep chopping and changing advice around EU about who to give it to . If they need a sample then look at the Uk 20 million plus have had one dose 9 million two doses, people are not dying in the streets and there have been a few cases of blood clots most were easily treated , but the overall problem rate is almost Zero and better than most over the counter drugs.

Offline Dave C

Vaccinations
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 17:19. »
Update, I've just had my 2nd Pfizer, and my wife has her 2nd next week, also pfizer.
Next to no side effects.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 18:48. »
Had my second Pfizer jab Monday, three hours after I started feeling poorly, next day felt like I'd been beaten, laid about for two days and day three felt better, after first jab I felt off colour but the second was a lot worse, I had similar reaction to last years flu jab.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 18:51. »
My first AZ jab really knocked me about but my other half had no reaction apart from a painful arm. When she had the second that one knocked her about so I'm hoping when I get my second on the 13th May I should be OK.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 18:55. »
I've read that the reaction to the second jab is worse as your immune system is up and running, I was suprised at the speed of the reaction though.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 21:29. »
24 hours after my first AZ I  felt like I'd run a marathon, no sickness or headache just a great fatigue and an ache at the injection point. Second AZ no after effects at all. Mrs G something similar but headache after first.