Author Topic: entry into Spain  (Read 10649 times)

Offline Marjul

entry into Spain
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 14:02. »
I would like to apologise for the wording in my previous post, I should have asked if any Brit with Spanish residence recently travelled back to Spain, are the authorities asking for testing

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 18:28. »

It is not so much ‘luck’ or ‘loopholes’...it really should be thinking of the protection of people in this pandemic. The infection rates are rising very quickly in Spain again, but fortunately in the Valencia region we are doing okay. This is not because we have been vaccinated......that is another story......but rather the infection rates remain low here because of the strict lockdown. There can be very very few reasons for anyone to want to choose to travel to another country at present. It all comes down to a persons conscience and doing  what is right and what has been set out legally, to attempt to keep others safe. For people living in Spain we are now used to the restrictions....for anyone visiting it is not as you may think. Masks worn at ALL times, bars/restaurants closed at 6pm, street curfew at 10pm, restricted numbers dining together or visiting homes. Always the chance of restrictions being ramped up at any time!!!The weather is a bit up and down at the moment, quite chilly today and looks like rain. So!!!!!! please can someone tell me why, from what I have read on this site, that it seems to have become a challenge to find a way to travel over here.. On another note....anyone who does insist on visiting needs to ensure they have very good health insurance as the EHIC card won’t help you. Whilst the care in hospitals here is fantastic there is a very big language problem if you don’t speak Spanish. Also, if you were to be admitted with Covid you are completely on your own....no visitors at all. It happened to me in January and whilst I was on the Covid Ward there was at least 8 other people from Gran Alacant there too. So, it does happen here and believe me you do not want to be in that position. So to sum it up.....not so much ‘luck’ but more about taking unnecessary health risks.

In my view an excellent post. The rules are there to keep us safe. I cannot think of a possible reason for anyone wishing to find a way around them. ( I am not suggesting anyone is) Yes it is hard not to have the freedom to travel but we are all in this together and everyone must do their bit and refrain from travel until it is deemed to be safe. More cases will only delay the date when others can enjoy travel again. The lockdown is working both in Spain and here in the UK which is giving a chance to get the population vaccinated.

Derek
Funnily that was very similar to what I said a year ago, if we all do the right thing and stick together we can win the battle by the Autumn, sadly many weren’t on the same page and did what they liked and travelled to Spain of which the consequences became clear in November ( within the rules of course) but not the spirit methinks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 18:31. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 11:11. »
Latest figures show a seven day average of new cases;

Spain 7,541

UK 2,216

When you consider the population on the UK is over 40% greater than that of Spain. If you adjust the figures for this it gives a figure of over 10,000 for Spain.

No wonder travel is restricted to Spain.

Derek

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member

Offline TRIDENT

entry into Spain
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 20:08. »
Covid-19 vaccine passports, which the European Union is officially calling “Digital Green Certificates,” will allow citizens of Europe to enter Spain without having to quarantine or take a coronavirus test.     Forgot  Uk is not in the EU anymore.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 21:46. »
Yep, I read it the same way as you Trident

They are only going to exist for EU citizens

Covid-19 vaccine passports, which the European Union is officially calling “Digital Green Certificates,” will allow citizens of Europe to enter Spain without having to quarantine or take a coronavirus test.     Forgot  Uk is not in the EU anymore.
BeachLife

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 22:12. »
On another topic, I notice a certain smugness from - some - people on the Costas who have recently scrambled to obtain their TIE cards after many (many) years of exceeding the previous 180-day rule when we (the UK) were part of the EU.

You cant come here but we are OK because we are "residents" and can travel between UK and GA freely

I'll get my coat
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 11:06. »
Wilson.   

Have you made it into Spain? Or are you
A on an Easyjet return flight having just been deported
B in Spanish jail
C telling porkies

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 15:06. »
Wilson.   

A on an Easyjet return flight having just been deported
B in Spanish jail
C telling porkies

This post made me smile. Hopefully Wilson is also smiling.

Derek

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 20:58. »
'Wilson.   

A on an Easyjet return flight having just been deported?
B in Spanish jail?
C telling porkies?'

Spurs, If I remember multiple-choice at school there was always a final option 'D None of the above'

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 22:36. »
Yes but “none of the above “ would be telling porkies

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 10:10. »
This could be bad news. Do they have internet inside Spanish Jails I wonder only as with no update I am beginning to worry.

Derek

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 10:50. »
Me too can’t have poor Wilson missing in action or languishing in a Spanish jail

Maybe there is a long queue at passports

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 18:45. »
Getting worried now . Using the words of the great Tom Hanks in castaway “ Wilson Wilson where are you “

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
entry into Spain
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 08:44. »
What was the song, oh yes "you've got me dangling on a string"
I can see from Wilsons profile that he or someone using his username and password logged on yesterday morning.....
Game playing methinks.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."