Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14466 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2021, 10:32. »
As the WHO said last March test test test is the way out. The UK conducts just under 2 million tests a day with 120 million conducted since March 2020. These tests are both PCR and LFT types hence the high number. The Wilsons do 1 pcr and 2 LTFs a week each as a employment requirement despite being jabbed up, my teacher friend does 2 LTFs a week not yet vaccinated ,my daughter in social care 1 pcr and 2 LTFs a week. This is why the UK still shows 6000 positive tests daily whereas I would suspect other countries are testing people who present with symptoms as the UK did 5 months ago. Whilst I’m very critical of the blonde blunderer the testing is now world class.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2021, 13:16. »
"Whilst I’m very critical of the blonde blunderer the testing is now world class."

Really I hadn't noticed that (being critical) Wilson similarly  to my not noticing your clarification on your "kettle calling the pot" comment.

Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2021, 15:25. »
I reckon that over coming weeks and months BJ and his colleagues will have a new line added to their repetoire  "no one is safe until everyone is safe".
As I've said previously, IMHO  we won't be seeing flights full of holiday makers heading to Spain for quite a few months yet.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2021, 07:30. »
I do recall people on this forum and many others bending the rules though not breaking them last year, this being quite acceptable to many with any opposing thoughts being told to wind their necks in. What difference a year makes.
I will add that as of now I will be doing  a Stanley at the first opportunity.

I do agree with Wilson. I never went last year felt it was too risky when it was all unknown like many people did but so desperate to get out and check on our property. We will have had both our vaccines by end of April. Flights are booked early June. If the flight is going then I’m going and I’m not the only one lots of friends I know will be doing the same. Whether it’s a Stanley Johnson or not. I will do whatever I can to get there. Happy to quarantine at home on my return so feel I’m not putting anyone at risk. This will still be here next year. We have to grab the opportunity when we can and this year with our good vaccination programme is no better opportunity

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2021, 09:30. »
I do recall people on this forum and many others bending the rules though not breaking them last year, this being quite acceptable to many with any opposing thoughts being told to wind their necks in. What difference a year makes.
I will add that as of now I will be doing  a Stanley at the first opportunity.

I do agree with Wilson. I never went last year felt it was too risky when it was all unknown like many people did but so desperate to get out and check on our property. We will have had both our vaccines by end of April. Flights are booked early June. If the flight is going then I’m going and I’m not the only one lots of friends I know will be doing the same. Whether it’s a Stanley Johnson or not. I will do whatever I can to get there. Happy to quarantine at home on my return so feel I’m not putting anyone at risk. This will still be here next year. We have to grab the opportunity when we can and this year with our good vaccination programme is no better opportunity

Are you happy to self quarantine on arrival here  in Spain too ? so that you're not putting anyone at risk in our hugely unvaccinated population ?
I know the uk is doing amazingly well ( and so agree with another persons quote about the blonde blunderer too) but Its very slow here and my concerns are that apparently this virus can be carried by vaccinated people, some vaccinated people will also still get it, and pass it on and that its also transmitted by touch too so people shouldn't get blase’ about being vaccinated themselves and should continue to take safeguards for the sake of others when they come

Offline Lolabunny

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2021, 11:47. »

It beggars belief that people are still looking at and fully intending to utilise ‘loopholes’.....it is totally selfish with no thought about people here in Spain who have not been vaccinated.  Perhaps a 10 day quarantine should be implemented in Spain to help to protect us, if loopholes are used. I fully understand the problems associated with houses having been empty for a period of time.......but surely it is prudent to have a friend, neighbour or an official key holder when owning property in another country.  I have read on here that if everything is switched off you don’t need your house to be inspected regularly. I can tell you that my neighbours, who are in Norway, had the basement damaged by a burst pipe in the fire hydrant on the street. So, no amount of turning your individual water off would have prevented this. Fortunately we have an emergency key for the house, and so were able to rectify the damage with the insurance company on behalf of our neighbours. It is worth maybe thinking about....

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2021, 14:45. »
I came over last July quite legally i followed all the rules and guidelines and filled in all the req forms then spent my 14 days in quarantine when I got home not bending or breaking any rules . As soon as I can legally I will be going again , as last time I will obey all the rules both while travelling and then in Spain

We cannot stay locked up forever we have already been on hold for a year and if we are vaccinated we have to trust the vaccine and get on with life .

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2021, 17:32. »
I came over last July quite legally i followed all the rules and guidelines and filled in all the req forms then spent my 14 days in quarantine when I got home not bending or breaking any rules . As soon as I can legally I will be going again , as last time I will obey all the rules both while travelling and then in Spain

We cannot stay locked up forever we have already been on hold for a year and if we are vaccinated we have to trust the vaccine and get on with life .

I agree with your last sentence. I also went over GA in July but there was no requirement to quarantine on my return (I think I went over on the 5th and returned 15th). as I have said before following the rules and applying some extra precautions to keep safe in surely the name of the game. I rode my motorbike over there and even used my own sleeping bag and pillow in the hotels that I stayed in on route. Avoided restaurants etc. A bit over the top but I am still alive (I think). However now I have had the vaccination hopefully that will provide an extra level of safety.

I am looking forwarded to the freedom to travel again but I will wait until there is no requirement to have tests or quarantine (hopefully that day will come). I just can't bring myself to pay for the tests on top of the cost of travel. (Similar to my reluctance to pay the BBC for a licence to watch the crap. Watch it for free in Spain and tucked up for £159 in the UK.)

Derek

Offline Maria Jones

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2021, 21:54. »
We haven't been out to our house since February last year,so we can't wait to get back to GA, but we won't be going back until we think everyone in the UK and Spain are safe.I and Mr J have had first  jab and can't wait to get our second but won't be thinking of coming out until it is safe to do so.So sad that Roger has had to close.😪

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2021, 23:08. »
If you are concerned about Covid security, I would take solace from the closure (temporary) of Rogers :)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2021, 10:06. »
Sadly gaveteran the closure of Rogers is not temporary, he had his last day yesterday, he could just not survive any more with no help from the government and a landlord that thinks it was a good time to put up rents ( he said this in his own post) even though everyone is struggling on massively less income.

And yes obeying the rules is a good thing but there is no quarantine on arrival here, i think thats a mistake and the government should have a quaranting period,  but they are getting so desperate for tourists that it is not a requirement and i realise that even though we are an unvaccinated population at the moment, that people will come as soon as they are able unless our numbers do the same as those in France and other measures are put in place (a sad possibility).  While i realise that people can not stay locked up forever, all i am saying to anyone planning to arrive here in the near future is be aware when you come that you are coming to a vastly unvaccinated population where there is still a lot of risk to people living here

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2021, 10:41. »
I thought that those that have been vaccinated are unlikely to be able to pass it on and infect others.

Therefore to travel to Spain once someone has been vaccinated dose not pose an additional risk.

The world cannot afford to be locked down forever. Whilst here in the UK they appear to have found a money tree sooner or later people will again have to produce something in order to receive a wage.

Derek

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2021, 11:08. »
I was being annoyingly cryptic. I meant he'll be open in the GA Center, just with less staff that are currently on ERTE's. I hope this time at least basic safety rules get followed. I don't know about the rent increase, but if it's on Facebook I can only assume it's true.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2021, 11:11. »
We are going to have to learn to live with the virus, will be an economic disaster if we stay locked down any longer, it's going to be the young generation that are going to bear the brunt of taxes to pay for government borrowing, the virus will always be with us now. I see that from September they are giving booster injections to the over 70's to tackle variants of  the virus, well done the scientists.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2021, 11:38. »
I thought that those that have been vaccinated are unlikely to be able to pass it on and infect others.

According to the scientist's "a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk".

Hence the phrase they have started using "until we are all safe, no one's safe".

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."