Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14129 times)

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 20:44. »
Latest Legislation to come into force on March 29th

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/pdfs/uksi_20210364_en.pdf?utm_campaign=Buyer%20comms&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=117658484&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9wa9dT6LsBjlb3Y0PPwaKcoIVy1VVKBk6Okknys36axGSj2a27VBxcl7H5nZ3oevV_EbUkG_LVEOIVOu2w3-J3SaAT2g&utm_content=117658484&utm_source=hs_email

See Schedule 5 Reasonable Excuses to Travel outside the UK, Section 7, Page 71.

I can't find anywhere (must admit I've not yet tried very hard) to find what proof would be required to exit the UK, what would the returning requirements be or what proof would be acceptable to Spanish border control to enter.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 21:21. »
Quick trip to home-finders to find out my house isnt worth what I hoped for covers that then .... and as Spain is errrrr "welcoming" us back from the end of March, whats not to like ?

to carry out activities related to buying, selling, letting or renting a residential property
BeachLife

Offline NickiH

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 22:39. »
I wonder if it counts if you are getting ready to rent it out to family or friends. Personally think it’s all a ruse to show our EU neighbours who are threatening us with blocking the AZ vaccination that if they do that we won’t be allowed to travel so affecting their tourist industry. Ryanair wouldn’t have increased their routes and timetable if there was no hope to get to Europe this summer

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 22:40. »
Thanks Dave G and Beachlife. Page 71 it's there in black and white the perfect excuse to leave the UK. Unfortunately (as far as I can tell) it's not a valid reason to enter Spain.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 23:22. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 23:27. »
Thanks Dave G and Beachlife. Page 71 it's there in black and white the perfect excuse to leave the UK. Unfortunately (as far as I can tell) it's not a valid reason to enter Spain.

Nor should it be.
I can't believe that anyone is seriously gambling with spreading the virus in order to visit a holiday home, appalling behavior.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Lolabunny

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2021, 14:00. »

Thank you John H.......at last the voice of reason......who would want to spread this virus. Cannot believe that anyone is looking for loopholes to travel.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2021, 14:09. »

Nor should it be.
I can't believe that anyone is seriously gambling with spreading the virus in order to visit a holiday home, appalling behavior.

Unless of course one can genuinely satisfy the criteria, provide the proof and abide by the UK departure and re-entry protocols and the requirements for entry into Spain when they lift the ban on UK visitors from the 30th.

I can certainly genuinely satisfy the criteria and provide the proof but at the moment the situation is either too onerous (leaving and entering UK) and vague (entering Spain) that I will wait until my second vaccination in late April by which time the situation at both ends should be clearer and the May 17th milestone will be nearer. 

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2021, 15:10. »
We've got flights booked for October, not booking anything else as I don't think we will get the freedom to fly .

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2021, 17:30. »

Nor should it be.

Agree as any twisting of the rules will result in someone losing their life for sure and prolong the lockdown requirement.

There is such a thing as the spirit of the law surely meaning what is intended without a smart arse finding a way around the rules.

Derek

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2021, 18:03. »

Nor should it be.

Agree as any twisting of the rules will result in someone losing their life for sure and prolong the lockdown requirement.

There is such a thing as the spirit of the law surely meaning what is intended without a smart arse finding a way around the rules.

Derek

Pot and kettle comes to mind. Certain members thought that it was all very acceptable to visit GA last year during a global pandemic and the threat of further transmission and variants travelling with them back to the uk.
The Wilsons are double jabbed and the bag is packed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 18:05. by wilson »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2021, 19:04. »

Nor should it be.

Wilson I hope that you are not suggesting "

Derek

Pot and kettle comes to mind. Certain members thought that it was all very acceptable to visit GA last year during a global pandemic and the threat of further transmission and variants travelling with them back to the uk.
The Wilsons are double jabbed and the bag is packed.

Wilson I hope you are not suggesting that the saying "Pot calling the kettle black" applies to myself". The only time I visited Spain during the year 2020 was when no restrictions were in force and I have never suggested twisting the rules.

Derek

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2021, 19:19. »
We visited GA last year in October, the restrictions had been lifted so we went legitimately, I wouldn't under any circumstances try an circumvent the regulations as it's not being fair. Likely this evening the covid laws will be extended to September, who knows what will happen then.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2021, 20:18. »
Yes Kevin the rules are there in order to protect life. If the rules allow travel then we can do so with a clear conscience, When I went over too GA I took additional precautions to remain safe as obviously even in a nanny state we all must take responsibility for our own well being. 

Most people are keen to travel again and get their life back to normal. However in the UK over 126,000 plus their families will not have that opportunity again. Reckless action now will only prolong the time it will take to return to normality.

I have had my first jab but I still am careful to social distance etc. I have one flight booked for July with Ryanair. I used a voucher I had but if the conditions look unsafe or the rules do not allow I will stay at home.

The route of the problem as I see it is the lack of vaccinations in the EU to date and the effect this is having on new cases. For example yesterday, last 24 hours, France 65,373, Germany 23,757. Spain 3,064 and the UK 5,604. Obviously these figures can be a bit misleading because of the difference in population but even adjusting for this factor both the UK and Spain seem to be getting it under control.

Derek

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2021, 20:46. »
Spain is doing ok at the moment based on the facts that we have only been allowed to travel within our own areas (ie, within the Valencian region) and no-one is supposed to pass those boundaries. We cant even leave our own towns at the weekend, masks and gel are absolute, everywhere, outside too, and our bars and restaurants have reopened to strict rules at the moment as mostly just terraces, its only been the last couple of weeks that Anyone has been allowed inside and only a small percentage, the outdoor lifestyle definitely helps.
But a lot of my friends are wondering what the figures will be doing two weeks after the easter break. And as the only people in the general population that have had jabs so far are the over eighties, spare a thought when you are all so keen to come over here after having your jabs,  for the vast majority of us that so far have no protection as yet. Its far from normal yet, and we would all like to get there.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2021, 09:34. »
Derek

The problem with all the figures is that they all are based on testing . If you don’t do the test up front the illness and possible hospitalisation and death do not count in the figures. For example uk has done about 1.8 million tests per 1 million population. France about 800000 per 1 million population Spain 700000 per 1 million population Germany 500000 per 1 million population.

So it should be no surprise that our reported death rate is way above Germany’s frank or Spain’s of course it is we are testing twice as many so should in theory have twice as many cases and deaths etc.

The press never tell you this

The only true measure is deaths above a 5 year average as this includes all death where we compare very favourably with most countries in the world month on month.