Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14125 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2021, 15:24. »
I use Ryanair easyjet Jet2 and anyone else who flies Stn to alc , as long as you read all the small print when booking and don’t expect to get away with any oversize or over heavy luggage etc they are all about the same . The only issue is price I will take the cheapest.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2021, 15:37. »
I used to fly easyJet from Stansted and went to Ryanair when they dropped flights to Alicante, didn't fancy Luton

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2021, 16:18. »
🤪
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:12. by wilson »

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2021, 19:37. »
Dave G, what  route do you normally take and costing, I’m thinking of doing it hopefully this year.
Any info would be great.
Thanks in advance

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2021, 21:05. »
A little unwise to makes such references on a public forum me thinks.

You are entitled to think that but to post it I am not so sure it is a good idea.

Derek

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2021, 16:04. »
Dave G, what  route do you normally take and costing, I’m thinking of doing it hopefully this year.
Any info would be great.
Thanks in advance

Hi Steve, I sent you all the info following a previous post last year - emailed on 15th May 2020 and you confirmed on the 16th. I can send again if you lost it; let me know.

Offline loser

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2021, 21:30. »
This might get useful for people of uk if it continues to evolve and is accurate.
https://ukcovidtests.ccplatform.net/

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2021, 09:42. »
DaveG,  yea I still have that information thanks , I forgot with all this going on.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2021, 15:48. »
PCR + Fit to fly certificate £80  Drive in at NEC or on foot at BHX

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2021, 16:06. »
The route DaveG took via Le Mans and the three recommended by AA Routefinder all come in between 1100-1200 miles and  between18 - 19 hours of driving. Using the AA site it is possible to use the 'via' option and plan a different route. I have crossed the Pyrennes at San Sebastian, Andorra and Perpignan driving form GA to Le Mans and back and there's very little difference time wise or mileage wise. It really depends which way you want to go.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2021, 18:55. »
I usually cross at San Sebastian especially if traveling in winter because you avoid the Central Massif and other high altitude routes; but have taken the central route through Milau to see the viaduct and also down through Pau to use the Somport tunnel. But as you say the difference in mileage is negligible over the whole distance.

I did it once from Manchester, and never got lost or deviated off the motorway using the Coquelles / Rouen / Le Mans / Poitiers / Bordeaux / Irun / Pamplona / Zaragoza / Valencia route it was 1229 miles door to door. I wish I could do it tomorrow.

The route DaveG took via Le Mans and the three recommended by AA Routefinder all come in between 1100-1200 miles and  between18 - 19 hours of driving. Using the AA site it is possible to use the 'via' option and plan a different route. I have crossed the Pyrennes at San Sebastian, Andorra and Perpignan driving form GA to Le Mans and back and there's very little difference time wise or mileage wise. It really depends which way you want to go.

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2021, 21:54. »
Just to clarify the times and mileage I gave are from Calais

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2021, 23:10. »
Just to clarify the times and mileage I gave are from Calais

Hi B&W, yes I realised that but went a bit off piste with my reply. We all start from somewhere different in the UK. Sorry for any confusion.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2021, 08:14. »
Living just outside Portsmouth, some years ago I've done the Poitier/Irun/Zaragoza/ Albacete route which used less motorway back when they all had tolls which was fairly straightforward and quick- about a thousand miles. I've also gone via Calais and used the Francilliene to skirt to the east of Paris before picking up the motorway system. The Francilliene is a real pain and unless you have your wits about you, easy to get caught in the wrong lane, miss turnoffs etc. I'd never do that again.